We are Veritone
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. It is the key to building a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s mission today is more important than ever. We’re here to democratize AI and enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. What started in 2014 with the idea of providing unified access to hundreds of cognitive engines through one common software infrastructure, evolved to the world’s first AI operating system, aiWARE, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation for both commercial and government organizations. As we progress, we will continue to move humans from “in” to “on” to “out of the loop” to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking to add a strong member to our corporate development team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Reporting to the VP of Corporate Development, the Sr. Manager of Corporate development will support in the management of all aspects of corporate M&A, including target evaluations and identification, deal sourcing, deal execution and post-merger acquisition integration
- Collaborate with executive management in development of market strategies and definition of the role of investments & acquisitions
- Develop M&A presentations for executive management and Board of Directors
- Financial modeling and valuation of potential acquisitions
- Designs M&A criteria to review potential acquisitions, ensuring the criteria allows for selection of the appropriate acquisition targets that are aligned with company goals
- Leads due diligence process and structuring on potential acquisitions
- Leads post-merger integration plan, in collaboration with functional team leads
- Strategic Partnerships:
- Secures introduction meetings with top executives for partnership development
- Creates and manages pipeline of potential investments, joint ventures and acquisition opportunities
- Partner with internal teams to build financial analysis and models to evaluate potential transactions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 7+ years of experience in corporate development, M&A and/or venture capital required
- Investment banking experience is a plus
- Strong experience in SaaS or Energy technology industry preferred
- Extensive deal management experience
- Ability to present, articulate and defend analysis with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional relationship building and negotiation skills
- Proven success in commercial due diligence or corporate strategy within the SaaS technology industry
- Subject matter expertise in all aspects of mergers, integrations, spin-offs
- Ability to lead a team in assisting with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and expansion; and market opportunity sizing
- Direct and conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of complex market data, competitor analysis, customer analysis and internal analysis
- Experience in project management and leadership of workstreams, development of proposals, deliverables and reporting
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A competitive compensation package.
- Stock Options.
- Remote work.
- Flexible Time Off.
- Quality benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!