- Review, evaluate, and negotiate agreements involving intellectual property and research at New York University and NYU Langone Health, including sponsored research, license, material transfer, data sharing, confidentiality, inter-institutional, consulting, and software agreements.
- Manages the OIL/Technology Ventures contracts team to ensure competent and timely assistance and service to OIL, OSR, and the New York University and NYU Langone Health communities on all contracting matters to meet established expectations and metrics.
- Managers, monitors, and reports on all OIL/Technology Ventures contracting matters.
- Assists in the development of operating policies and procedures to comply with all applicable policies, laws, regulations, and contracting obligations.
- Assists in the development and use of a contract management system.
- Conducts semi-annual and annual personnel evaluations related to assigned staff positions
- Ensure agreements comply with New York University and NYU Langone Health policies and procedures, and all laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with involved faculty, as appropriate, to ensure agreements meet faculty needs and to keep faculty apprised of negotiation process.
- Act as primary point person in agreements with industry and other academic institutions, coordinating as needed with the Office of Industrial Liaison business development staff, the Office of Science & Research, Sponsored Programs, the Office of Legal Counsel, Risk Management & Insurance, and other involved NYU and NYU Langone Health offices, as appropriate.
- Monitor progression of negotiations and signature process to ensure timely completion, and inform Executive Director, faculty, and other relevant individuals of delays to determine if they can be overcome, consistent with University policy.
- Maintain good working relationship with other parties in negotiations to promote good long-term relationship.
- Seek and use creative and compliant solutions to obstacles encountered in negotiations to meet contracting parties needs.
- Monitors laws and regulations relating to intellectual property and research contracting.
- Serves on various internal committees as requested.
- Adhere to New York University and NYU Langone Health policies and behavioral standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree plus ten or more years of related experience in intellectual property, research, or contracts OR a Juris Doctorate with seven or more years of related experience in intellectual property, research, or contracts.
- Excellent administrative, organization, time management, negotiating, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills necessary.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management, faculty, academic and industry scientists, and industry executives to achieve consensus and promote good long-term relationships.
- Ability to clearly explain positions; to listen carefully to understand other parties concerns; to identify creative solutions to problems; to summarize clearly and concisely contract and legal issues; and to manage large number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize, multi-task, and follow tasks to completion.
- Eight years of experiencenegotiating agreements involving research and intellectual property in a university or academic medical center setting.
- Juris Doctorate or Masters degreepreferred.
- A thorough understanding of regulations and laws related to contracting intellectual property and technology transfer in a university of academic medical center environment.
- Knowledge of market standards for university technology transfer contracting.
- Experience in managing people and implementing processes that promote efficiency.
Job ID: 1047930_RR00024114