- Build a positive working relationship with clients and other functional members of the team.
- Identifying problems, assessing risk, and delivering contract and subcontract solutions.
- Draft, issue, and negotiate routine and complex contractual instruments including non-disclosure agreements, requests for proposals, and special terms and conditions.
- Manage contract performance for conformance to original proposal and maintain continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations.
- Focus on continual improvement in the speed, quality, and simplicity of contract formation and management processes, without compromising compliance.
- Support audit-related activities to include rate submissions, negotiations, and approvals.
- Maintain contractual records and correspondence to meet federal audit requirements.
- Develop material and conduct training to grow institutional and individual knowledge bases.
- Advise clients on contract issues, approval processes, and company policies/procedures.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned.
- Advise clients on contract-related issues, approval processes, and company policies and procedure.
- Requires a BS, BA, or equivalent
- 4+ years of contracts management experience (preferably with the Department of Defense (DoD) or aerospace firms)
- Grants management and FAR-experience, will rate favorably, though not required.
- Experience using contract management database systems, such as Deltek Costpoint, and having strong Excel skills is highly preferred.