- Oversee complex contracting lifecycle activities including lead and quote generation, contract negotiation to signature including components such as lease vs. buy, software specification, maintenance and service, installation and invoicing/reconciliation of capital products
- Scope includes DS sales and service proposals and contracts, as well as Master Agreements for healthcare facilities including Hospitals and Regional Networks (e.g., IDN), Non-Acute facilities, Labs etc for DS Capital and Reagents only. Excludes GPOs.
- Lead a team of contract consultants who are accountable for negotiating DS sales and service contract terms and conditions. Review and revise customer redlines and contracttemplates and provide responses for issues consistent with BD policies, business positions, statutory/legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Act as a primary negotiator directly with customers when negotiating complex contract terms, Work directly with Legal, Service, Marketing and other SMEs to balance customer requirements while protecting BD’s interests and mitigating risk.
- Lead cross-functional review, negotiation and approval of contract terms related to new or complex product offerings such as Kiestra.
- Work closely with MMS and BDB counterparts to collaborate on integrated customer solution contract offerings, policy and best practice consistency along with continuing harmonization of contract terms and conditions.
- Serve the BU and Strategic Customer teams as key internal-business partners, with high quality, responsive service, negotiation competencies and value add to drive revenue growth
- Provide l input into capital contracting strategy design, enterprise offer development, terms harmonization of customer facing contracts; lead offer development execution thereof
- Help define, administer, and enforce policies, procedures, and processes to harmonize contract negotiation and general provisions, with appropriate flexibility to meet customer/market needs and dynamics. Ensure that risk is mitigated and regulations are appropriately addressed consistently across all business offerings
- Support process improvement projects (templates, standard terms, system updates, etc.) to drive operational efficiencies and standardization throughout the organization
- Hold accountability for team goals and KPIs (e.g., contract cycle time)
- Have strong functional, business and strategic expertise
- Inspire and empower direct team to act with speed, agility and accountability enabling them to achieve excellence
- Cultivate a positive work climate that fosters collaboration, innovation, and alignment with BD Values
- Personal courage – Strong ethical values; takes appropriate action and makes decisions maintaining responsibility for outcomes
- BA/BS required (in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, extensive experience in the applicable area);
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory position managing an organization with matrix accountability
- 6+ years demonstrated experience leading teams, strong understanding of business strategy, pricing and profitability thresholds, finance, and strong relationships with Legal counsel, General Management, Finance, Regulatory, Compliance, Risk Management and Sales Executive Leadership
- Strong understanding of US Antitrust laws, HIPAA, Sarbanes Oxley, revenue recognition guidance and business strategy
- Deep understanding of capital contract management, including contract strategy development, negotiations, policy development and standardization of general terms with Medical Device Capital and Consumables products and services
- Experience in negotiating complex, strategic contract strategies and offerings; negotiation savviness
- Strategic and analytical problem solver with business acumen. Able to evaluate key business drivers and develop clear strategic recommendations. Ability to think “out of the box”
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility, trust, and support within all levels of organization
- Ability to partner with Sales Leaders and General Management to develop contract offerings representing complex concepts and defining the business value of solutions in a clear, understandable way
- Demonstrated customer centricity skills and consistent expectations across team, able to negotiate/adapt to customer needs while maintaining protection of BD’s interests
- Proven leadership skills, including the development of successors and bench strength
- Demonstrated background in effectively managing people and fostering career development; proven coaching, mentoring leadership skills and the development of successors and bench strength
- Ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations. Strong communications skills and change management experience
- Ability to travel: 5% -10%
Job ID R-325661