Excellent Opportunity with Global Fortune 300 Medical Device Organization!
Sr. Manager Continuous Improvement
Located in Kalamazoo, MI
Great Career Advancement Opportunities
Relocation Assistance Available
Summary of Position
You will drive, with the site leadership team, a problem solving and continuous improvement culture and you will be an ambassador for key improvement and sustainment tools including Daily Management, Standard Work, Problem-Solving and Kaizen. Will lead an engineering team comprised of lean practitioners and process/automation engineers.
- Drive problem solving culture and processes by example and through training and coaching of leaders, supervisors and production associates.
- Drive and ensure continuous improvement of Daily Management/Visual Management processes and develop problem solving at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with business and functional leaders to tailor continuous improvement activities to maximize impact.
- Engage, train and coach employees across the business.
- Will effectively communicate complex information across disciplines.
- Makes decisions/ recommendations that positively impact broader business.
- Lead Kaizen events and ensure sustainability of improvements.
- Facilitates change management supporting thelean transformation.
- Identify and execute cost reduction projects including improvement of process capabilities and process controls.
- Identify opportunities and execute automation projects through use team resources.
- Influence and collaborate with the global Continuous Improvement and Automation teams.
- Collaborates with and provides feedback to sustainment engineering and new product teams to facilitate positive business outcomes.
- Lead and/or support Capital Plan development and execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Project Management Certification desired
- 10+ years of operations experience, preferably in a medical device manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 7 years' working experience is required in Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- A successful track record in leading transformation (lean, automation) within an industry.
- Possess experience and knowledge of key tools, such as Kaizen, Daily Management, (Leader) Standard Work and Problem Solving methodologies.
- A passion for Continuous Improvement and demonstrated track record in process understanding and improvement.
- Able to work and coach at every level of the organization, from individual contributors to senior operations leaders.
- A leader and influencer of teams.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed process plans using applicable tools (PFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, and Safety and Efficacy reviews).
- Demonstrated ability to implement qualified processes using applicable systems (Process Validation, Process Planning Tools, Design of Experiments, Manufacturing Assembly Procedures).
- Demonstrated ability to apply Design for Manufacturability concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track and facilitate projects using applicable tools (Gantt and Pert Charts etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to justify, procure and implement major capital equipment programs.
- Excellent organization, planning, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.