Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement
Farmer Brothers has an excellent opportunity for Sr. Continuous Improvement Manager. The Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement is responsible for leading the implementation of Continuous Improvement / Lean to improve the overall effectiveness of the supply chain organization company wide. The goal is to create a process allowing continuous insight in productivity and compliance opportunities through detailed deployment, and to turn these insights into sustainable and independent improvements to be rolled out successfully across the business. This role requires a person that is effective in leading and influencing direct reports, front line associates, peers and senior leaders in order to be successful. Plant CI Manager will have a dotted line in reporting to this position.
- Execute deployments by using the available systems and by collaborating with the business units on a frequent basis.
- Prioritize deployment outcome and define lean strategies for effective implementation.
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders to gain support for effective implementation.
- Lead lean initiatives by example. Coach, train and develop the Continuous Improvement Managers and the site manages and co-workers on the lean principles and tools to use.
- Effectively uses those tools to increase the likelihood of success.
- Follow-up with plant/operations managers to ensure successful implementation.
- Ensures all project outcomes and deliverables are implemented on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Track and manage post-project implementation performance including control planaudits, savings verifications, and reporting.
- Drive continuous improvement activity throughout the organization.
- Provide leadership to the organization through sharing of knowledge/skill and best practices.
- Maintain a high-energy level and positive attitude to support continuous improvement.
- Are required to be informed of their food safety and regulator responsibilities, their role in meeting the requirements of the the Food Safety Code, and responsibility to report food safety responsibility to report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action and/or the designed Food Safety and/or GFSI qualified individual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, supply chain, operations or related field.
- 10+ years of working knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of working experience with CI implementation.
- Black Belt Certification required.
- Master Black Belt certificate preferred.
- Demonstrated evidence of successfully leading direct reports, dotted line field reports and proven track record in influencing front line employees, peers and senior leaders.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process.
- Comfortable with facilitating teams/groups and working with all levels in the organization.
- Proficient in operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, Excel, Power-Point, Visio, etc.
- Strives for continuous growth and improvement.
- Generates original, creative ideas to improve processes.
- Establishes high standards of performance for self and others.
- Readily and frequently collaborates with others.
- Self-starter that is resourceful and can work autonomously.
- Seeks and uses feedback from a variety of sources.
- Meets deadlines, follows through on commitments and delivers on promises.
- Able to take broad thinking around business issues and apply to company strategies.
- Strategic and Conceptual thinking.
- Strong Communication skills, both written, and verbal.
- Connecting and engaging people from all levels within the organization.
- Business Planning & Development Skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Organization and Time Management skills.
- Innovative, Creative, Entrepreneurial.