Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Continuous Improvement (CI) will enable the creation of an organization-wide culture of continuous improvement that drives out waste throughout all business processes. CI is an ongoing value added effort to incrementally improve products, services or processes from the customer's point of view.
The Senior CI Manager will focus primarily on all aspects of staff management, implementation of CI workshops and projects in specific areas of the business, and lead the CI culture change across the organization. The Senior CI Manager willassist his/her direct reports to ensure the health of the CI pipeline for corporate led CI projects.
- Applies knowledge of the CI discipline to create business strategies.
- Monitors and reports out department performance. Reports must include each project's improvement calculation (CI Monthly Scorecard).
- Creates and distributes quarterly CI newsletter and contributes to the GTKM corporate newsletter.
- Works with internal customers to incorporate the CI mindset and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Applies the knowledge of a professional, technical or administrative area tocomplete a broad range of assignments.
- Applies CI knowledge and discipline to create business strategies.
- Works effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Conducts regular analysis of potential improvement areas in quality, cost and delivery reliability.
- Identifies training needs, upgrades and refines training materials.
- Ability to use data for decision-making. Strong data mining capabilities.
- Ensures all monthly reporting is accurate and completed on time.
- Responsible for documentation of all strategic and operational issues.
- Oversees planning of all workshops and projects in coordination with direct reports.
- Oversees decision on strategic and operational continuous improvement projects and workshops. Ensures projects are aligned to the overall strategy plan and business operating plans.
- BA/BS college degree in Engineering/Quality preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of general business experience, 7 years of CI experience is required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with "hands on" Lean Experience in an office, manufacturing facility or distribution environment required.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, as well as excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to gain trust through strong business sense and professional presence.
- Ability to work with diverse teams across multiple disciplines within the organization.
- Adapts to own or team processes while planning in response to business tactics.
- Effectively able to gather information for functional business planning.
- Has contributory impact on department programs and projects.
- Action oriented, acts with a strong sense of urgency with the result in mind.
- Prioritizes workload and projects while eliminating roadblocks.
- Resourceful problem solver who possesses creativity.
- Operational knowledge of customers
- Ability to receive and provide feedback effectively.