Strong Construction Manager will act as a key project liaison with internal and external resources which include Design, Telecommunications, Security, Real Estate, Property Management, etc. to ensure the timely, cost effective, and efficient success of Branch and Corporate projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing many hats and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
What you’ll do:
Major Job Responsibilities
- Plans and implements strategies to ensure the successful and timely execution of all assigned projects.
- Establishes and implements overall project plan objectives, master project schedule, and financials, including project budget and works with the customer to ensure satisfactory delivery of the project.
- Responsible for on-site supervision during the construction process to include management of General Contractors and Owner vendors.
- Participate in the design development process to collaborate across internal stakeholders.
- Manage change order negotiations and contract compliance.
- Identifies and sources market resources for procurement of appropriate goods and services
- Identifies inefficiencies in processes and make adjustments to improve upon such.
- Select vendors and manages vendor activity and performance to ensure compliance with the overall objectives of the projects (project objectives, costs, standards, and schedules)
- Establishes and manages the estimates, expenditure commitments of the project and monitors costs to ensure compliance with the approved budget.
- Ensures compliance with legal, regulatory, audit, safety, and environmental issues.
- Develop strong relationships to ensure close collaboration and communication with decision makers, Architects, Engineers, Code and enforcement officials, and internal partners.
- Lead job site meetings, produce minutes and strive for a collaborative team environment.
- Highly Desired---5-10 years of experience with managing Critical Data Center Environment type projects. Should also have working knowledge of Data Center mech/elec/critical support systems.
- Manages outside resources (architects, designers, construction firms, etc.) to achieve successful completion of the project.
- Manages the project close-out process to ensure that closure occurs within Schwab compliance guidelines and industry standard practice.
What you have:
- Practical knowledge and experience in at least one of these disciplines: design, construction or engineering. Broad knowledge and understanding of other real estate disciplines, including building systems, space planning, property management, etc..
- Strong project management skills, with emphasis on scheduling, budgeting, and prioritizing.
- Sound business knowledge to effectively interface with Schwab businesses and outside agencies.
- Thorough working knowledge and ownership of the financialbudget of a project.
- Knowledgeable of real estate law, regulations, and building codes.
- Evident relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills
- At least 10 years of experience managing multiple projects, including experience in design, construction, or engineering.
- BA / BS in Architecture, Construction, or Engineering or equivalent experience.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life