MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES –
Consolidation of financial information including foreign currency translation and inter-company eliminations. Coordinate the relationship and closing process with subsidiary companies’ management. Anticipates and manages changes related to integration of acquisitions. Responsible for analysis of changes in Consolidated Balance Sheet. Development and supervision of Consolidations/Financial Reporting staff and managers. Perform analysis on subsidiary companies results and coordinate explanations of variances to last year with their management. Responsible for SEC reporting, management and board of directors reporting/presentations, technical accounting research/support, and ad hoc projects.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Director of Fianancial Reporting
Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Experience in consolidations and international accounting. CPA or equivalent international certification is required
- Big 4 Public Accounting experiencerequired
- Strong written and oral communications skills required
- Experience in consolidations and/or international accounting
- CPA, or equivalent international certification, is required
- Experience in the accounting or consolidations group of a public company
- Experience in Financial Reporting with a large public company
- Experience with a multi-division, multi-national company
- Experience in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Spanish speaking is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong technical knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of SEC rules and regulations
- Experience in multi-unit company consolidations
- Ability to critically think and provide guidance on the practical application of complex accounting, reporting and business matters
- Ability to drive for results while managing multiple and potentially competing priorities, often in an evolving environment
- Ability to develop direct reports and others
Job ID: 109692