As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development and implementation of configuration management systems that facilitate building space launch vehicles for various spaceflight systems. We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and analytics skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for the team that implements and executes the configuration and data management systems used by the New Glenn business unit. You will ensure the implementation is consistent with company policies. In this hands-on position, you'll work to increase the speed and efficiency of the program by supporting the timely delivery, quality, and transparency of data to support program activity and business systems.. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Implement the corporate documentation and configuration management strategy.
- Manage the Business Unit data consistent with the company policies. Implement / improve systems as required to enable our teams to move quickly while meeting requirements.
- Train users on the proper use of configuration management tools and systems.
- Manage the team of configuration analysts and ensure they are effectively trained and mentored.
- Oversee Configuration Control Boards (CCB).
- Create configuration management plans as required.
- Ensure configuration management requirements are met and are compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards.
- Establish new processes and implement effective change management as required, communicating cross-business as necessary.
- Establish product and processes metrics that effectively measure and improve performance of documentation and configuration management processes as required.
- 7-10 years of direct product configuration management experience (Product structure, parts, drawings and requirements management experience highly desired).
- 5+ years of leadership experience at a manager level, with a demonstrated ability to lead and manage people and teams.
- 3+ years of experience working in a highly regulated environment (security systems, medical device, aerospace, etc.).
- Deep experience with world-class toolsets for configuration management in complex products
- Proven ability to develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies to realize results.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with staff at all levels of the organization and external stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, customers and suppliers.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Proficient with configuration management principles and practices
- Proficient with product lifecycle management (PLM) and/or data management tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- AA/AS or BA/BS in a related technical or liberal arts discipline
- Familiarity with export control (EAR/ITAR) regulations
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- CMII, NDIA CDM certification
- Experience in aerospace or aviation
- Experience with Windchill, Creo
- Experience with DOORS Next Generation
- Experience with Confluence & JIRA
- Database skills with SQL, queries, etc