Verisign operates the infrastructure for a portfolio of top-level domains that today include .com, .net, .tv, .edu, .gov, .jobs, .name and .cc, as well as two of the world's 13 Internet root servers. Verisign's product suite also includes Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services and Managed DNS.
The Sr Manager - Computer Operations Support manages the planning, hardware installation and configuration, optimization, operations and ongoing maintenance of Verisign end user systems. This position oversees the Supervisor of Global Service Desk (GSD) and Engineers - Computer Operations Support team who provide technical support to internal Verisign employees and contractors to resolve IT issues as they arise. Responsibilities include working closely with internal teams within Computer Information Services as well as across the company to identify areas that can be improved for efficiency gains.
Manages the planning, hardware installation and configuration, optimization, operations, and ongoing maintenance and asset management of Verisign end user systems. As a working member of the GSD/EUT team, provides technical support and problem solving resolving software/hardware, network, email and remote access service problems for internal Verisign employees and contractors as they arise. Follows the guiding principles of ITIL best practices to provide optimum IT services and support to Verisign’s internal employees and contractors. Uses research and analysis skills to resolve issues prior to escalation within stated OLA agreements where first contact resolution is not possible. Selects, develops areas of technical growth, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function and to identify career path avenues for advancement within Verisign. Oversees systems performance, equipment monitoring and team’s work being tracked in weekly and monthly metrics. Handles capacity planning and continual assessments for process improvements to ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable. Manages vendor relationships.
Responsible for the Technical Service Support Center (TSSC) for hands on technical resolution to end user devices as well as managing the day to day operations of the center. Ensures personnel technical skills are held to high standards and provide high level of customer service to the end users. Monitors issue trends and provides recommendations for improved service. Monitors ongoing practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations and control requirements.
· Strong hands on technical and functional skills with the ability to research possible solutions as needed
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment, and to engage in effective communications with both the business and technical communities
· Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; motivate teams; resolves conflicts; executes with limited information and ambiguity
· Sound business and technical acumen with strong business analytical skills and the ability to properly articulate and communicate key project goals and how they are to be achieved
· Team player with strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and engage at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally in a fast pace environment
· Ability to work with varying audiences and technical skillsets to support end user technology
· Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and high attention to detail
· Focused and versatile team player with the ability to multitask on different projects concurrently
· Flexible with assignments and ability to manage multiple projects across multiple disciplines (i.e. corporate systems, web, mobile etc.).
· Self-directed starter, willing to learn new subject matters
Experience Highly Preferred:
· 8 years Computer Operations Support
· 4+ years Managing teams
· 6+ years Working with Windows/Mac Laptops
4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Business Administration or related technical field.
Job ID : 00004776