What you will do:
Our Marketing team is seeking a Sr. Manager - Competitive Intelligence & Strategy. This role is the competitive expert on all major competitors, including all aspects of their consumer facing strategy. This would include their product/handset offering and prices; service plan offering and prices; advertising messaging, promotions and special offers; distribution and merchandising; marketing strategy and brand positioning; and publicly stated future plans. This position would also be an expert on the overall wireless industry, market, and consumer trends, and the potential implications for TracFone Wireless brands and the competition. The position is responsible for keeping abreast of all industry changes as they occur and assessing and reporting the impact of these changes on TracFone Wireless. The identification, tracking and analysis of these industry trends, as well as the generation of strategic insights and actionable recommendations from those trends will also be required from this role. This position will provide competitive support for market and industry research, consumer research, customer research, shopper research, brand strategies, and sales/retail strategies. The above areas of areas of responsibility and expertise will allow this position to assist all TracFone Wireless brands, including Straight Talk, TracFone, Simple Mobile, Total Wireless, Walmart Family Mobile, Clearway, Page Plus, and NET10 brands, including recommending changes in these variables to allow these brands to stay competitive in the marketplace.
- Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly competitive strategic updates, including the analysis of competitive actions, positioning, service plans, handsets, messaging, advertising, packaging and distribution.
- Analyze industry trends, market shifts, and market opportunities. As part of this effort, this position will also provide day-to-day management, direction, coordination and feedback to over 15 third-party research companies.
- Create ad hoc strategic and topic specific competitive analyses based on requests from TracFone Wireless Executives and to meet the needs of TracFone as a company, specific brands, and sales/retail partners
- Create monthly and quarterly competitive pricing analyses for handsets and plans
- Complete the validation of competitive claims used by TracFone Wireless brands on a quarterly basis and participate in the development of new claims.
- Marketing mix modeling support and ad hoc research using 3rd party databases and information.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus.
- 8 years of relevant market research, brand positioning and strategy, marketing analysis, advertising, and / or strategy experience.
- Previous experience in Competitive Intelligence & Analysis, and/or secondary market/industry research strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in high tech or wireless industries a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint. Very advanced Microsoft Excel expertise a plus (e.g. VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, filtering, etc.). Very advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint a plus