- Critically review and analyze financial data reflected in the ongoing clinical study expense trackers to ensure that services performed by our clinical trial vendors are being reported in the period incurred.
- Participates in the clinical project review meetings to ensure all study activities are captured and reported on expense tracker model in the period incurred by our vendors.
- Oversees, reconciles, researches, and resolves questions related to clinical trial expenses to ensure timely reporting of our clinical trial accruals each month.
- Works with clinical operations on monthly data gathering from our Contract Research Organizations (CROs) to support the month-end close process
- Reviews clinical trial work orders, change order notifications and change orders in comparison with actual services performed to help identify and report to management any out of scope activities performed by our vendors.
- Determines appropriate procedures for accounting record preparation, research of transactions and reporting of our monthly clinical trial activities.
- Constructs and assembles data for decision making, develop conclusions and present high-level summary of findings to the management team.
- Prepares and presents quantitative and qualitative analyses focusing on changes in scope on the clinical trials.
- Maintains and reviews accounting process controls by performing preliminary analyses, recommending solutions, and implementing any approved modifications.
- Communicates and follows up with business partners to ensure that open or outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly and quarterly reports, review policies and procedures to ensure SOX compliance over our clinical trial accrual processes.
- Works with the accounting and clinical operations teams to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close, and deliver timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO and VP, Accounting, regarding financial results, special reporting requests and ad hoc analyses relating to projects.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow and internal controls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 5+ years of related accounting experience in general ledger and financial reporting along with a working knowledge of all areas of the accounting cycle, project budgets, financial project management support
- Experience with Clinical Trials Accounting and working directly with contract research organizations
- 2+ years with a public biotech company
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with large ERP systems
- Excellent MS Office technical skills, specifically with MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills with a strong orientation to client service, time management and project delivery
Valid through: 10/28/2021