The Sr. Manager, Claims is a key member of the risk management team reporting directly to the AVP, Insurance & Risk Management. This position is responsible for the overall claims programs and assisting in the administration of insurance & risk financing function, of Regis Corporation and its subsidiaries. In addition, this person will be an advocate that provides workers’ compensation, liability, auto & property damage, general risk, insurance and compliance support to subsidiaries and business operations in the U.S. and foreign locations.
- Oversees/manages claims program including the assessment and analysis of risk, development of cost containment strategies, action plans and associated recommendations to reduce overall reserves for all lines of insurance.
- Manages the litigation process; including negotiating external defense attorney firms & rates, written litigation guidelines and determines cost effective strategies for resolutions.
- Provides oversight & development of performance metrics for third party administrator and other claim vendors to measure their performance and outcomes, as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of claims best practices, statutes and techniques used to manage, assess, and track work-related injuries and keeps senior management aware of trends in employee and guest injury large loss case management.
- Supervises, supports and development of the Sr. Analyst Claims, who has responsibility for managing low dollar liabilityclaims, Workers’ Compensation mandatory self-insured state placements, provincial placements, payrollreports & filings and fleet vehicle movements.
- Recommends changes in procedures, programs, conditions, or capital improvements which would satisfactorily eliminate or reduce existing exposures.
- Works with regional divisions to develop and support local management on understanding their opportunities and P&L impact.
- Works collaboratively with Safety, Facilities, HR, Salon Operations and other key stakeholders to improve the overall safety of the work environment.
- Identify and report key metrics (number/length/type of claims, severity, costs, trends, etc.).
- Interface with TPA, attorneys, salon employees and management staff; develop and coordinate best in class claims strategies to deliver reduction in TCOR for the organization.
- Work with the AVP, in the preparation of the annual insurance budget and allocation of insurance costs to businesses.
- BS/BA; preferably in Insurance or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience performing in a risk management, TPA or insurance environment
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices
- Understanding of property, liability, auto and workers compensation
- Ability to work in a dynamic business culture
- Analytic skills to assess risks and determine appropriate responses to mitigate loss
- Proven ability to analyze existing procedures, identify issues, propose resolutions, recommend process improvements and implement changes
- Self-motivated, assertive and takes initiative
- Demonstrated ability to balance the need for attention to detail, while maintaining an understanding of the “big picture”
- Ability to develop strong relationships internal and external to the organization and leverage relationships to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Multiple project management skills; capable of leading and handling a variety of issues, bringing each to resolution successfully and timely
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills to work with executives, employees, insurers, brokers and claim adjusters