Responsible for structuring and executing analytical projects, contributing thought leadership toprojects across team, managing direct report, investing in the development of other CI Analytics team members, and serving as primary point of contact for vendor partners. Other responsibilities include driving an in-depth understanding of customer value, needs and preferences and the identification of customer segments and behaviors that can be leveraged into business actions. Acts as thought partner with all areas of the Company, including executive leadership, operations, merchandising, marketing and e-commerce.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25%-Analyze large amounts of customer data and apply data mining techniques to extract actionable insights (regression, clustering, segmentation, etc.)
- 25%-Develop and deliver effective presentations that summarize complex analyses and inform business decisions
- 20%-Manage direct report and develop his/her CI and analytical skills
- 10%-Assist Director by bringing additional thought leadership to framing of business problems and structuring of analyses, act as initial sounding board for broader CI Analytics team
- 10%-Partner with business to build relationships, identify opportunities to create value, and translate business problems into analyses
- 10%-Act as primary point of contact for vendor relationships
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Director CI
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Masters degree or MBA
- Experience using statistics/analytics in a business or marketing setting
- Experience with writing database queries and working with enterprise database tools
- Familiarity with extremely large customer and transaction-level data sets
- Retail experience and/or interest
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- People management experience
- Ability to formally and informally develop skills of other team members
- History of outstanding performance in strategic thinking and analysis
- Experience managing all aspects of discrete projects/workstreams (relationship management, data collection, analysis, interpretation, document development, communication)
- Ability to develop frameworks and approaches to break complex business questions into addressable pieces
- Experience extracting data from and manipulating large data sets (using SAS, SQL, R, etc.)
- Familiarity with data mining statistical methods (Regression, factor analysis, clustering, etc.)
- Experience with creative data visualization techniques
- Experience developing executive-ready communication materials and presenting them to senior stakeholders
- Ability to work closely with peers and manager in flat team structure
- Demonstrated history of continuously learning new analytical techniques and approaches
- Ability to interpret and translate outputs from complex analyses into business language