The Sr. Manager of Cash Management, provides leadership, oversight, and guidance of all cash related operations. This includes developing and improving operational goals of department, staffing, training, development of staff, ensuring accurate and timely completion of cash posting, variance reconciliation, resolving unapplied cash and credit balance duties.
- Oversee an offshore vendor performing end to end revenue cycle management services.
- Dotted line responsibility for AR team processing annual claims across multiple business channels.
- Partners with RCM Leadership to coordinate and resolve difficulties within the department by: implementing any process change and/or lead process improvement initiatives, reviewing and defining problems, suggesting procedural changes when necessary, and suggesting courses of action.
- Manages the review and resolution of payment variances and credit balances processes.
- Manages the number of electronic 835 payers and ensure they are set up to post electronically to the patient accounting system.
- Manages the number of payments processed by the bank and transferred via lockbox for posting.
- Achieves assigned targets for unapplied cash reduction
- Ensure accurate and timely denial code and cash posting.
- Use data to generate key insights including variances to best practice, current performance, process change adoption levels, and pain points.
- Partner with key stakeholders and across teams to resolve process gaps, create policy and align procedures to the dynamic business models' changing priorities
- Responsible for training and on-going education for all employees and vendors.
- Serves as a liaison between the Finance Department, the RCM AR team, payment processing merchants and the bank about banking and accounting for the lockbox, payments and refund checks.
- Utilize technology and processes to create an efficient and effective department, including lockbox capabilities, work list and other job tools, relationships and communication with billing, collections, and follow up with finance.
- Generate, monitor and review reports for the Monthly operational business reviews.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or related area; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight years with Revenue Cycle Management experience.
- 5+ years' experience managing an outsource billing/collections vendor.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- Demonstrates knowledge of: Hospital and professional billing processes and reimbursement, Medicare and Medicaid and appeals, Third party contracts, Insurance protocols, delay tactics, systems and workflows; and Federal & State regulations.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent applications.
- Experience working with claims within Availity or TriZetto is a plus.
- Experience with Kaizen, Lean or Root Cause Counter Measures is preferred.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion.
Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals.
In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products.
Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.