At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to workin the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Be Your Best
At Abbott, we understand that proper nutrition is the foundation for living the best life. That’s why we develop science-based nutrition products for people of all ages. Millions of people around the world rely on our leading brands – like Similac, PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna, EAS and ZonePerfect – to help them get the nutrients they need to be their healthiest.
Our Nutrition division’s manufacturing organization spans the globe across North America, Europe and Asia. We strive for operational excellence and know it’s our people that will help us achieve it. HR plays a critical role in that by partnering with business leaders. Our HR mission is to maximize the potential of everyone every day so they deliver world-class business performance to Abbott and superior products to our customers.
We are currently looking for an experienced HR professional to join the leadership team at our Casa Grande, AZ plant.
Abbott Nutrition’s Casa Grande plant is a 620,000 square feet facility that manufactures both powder and liquid products and employs more than 450 people, seven days a week.
- Responsible for all HR results at the site including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Assesses and meets leadership’s expectations and guides/influences the unit’s HR and business decision-making.
- Coordinates the delivery of all HR services at the site. Ensures the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of all work delivered. Intervenes to ensure the business needs are met and that appropriate service contracts are in place for outsourced HR services.
- Develops and delivers HR strategies and practices to meet business objectives. Works in the areas of organizational design and skill gap analysis, leadership assessment and development, change management and planning and forecasting. Partners with Training Manager in developing new or improved processes, methods or products/programs to implement programs and processes when necessary.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners to ensure all elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet the needs of the site including Learning and Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensations and Benefits and myHR Service Center.
- Prioritizes critical projects based on business need and available resources. Develops proposals and recommendations to resolve new, complex, or strategically important issues affecting functional areas of the plant.
- Work with Occupational Health nurse to ensure that wellness programs, industrial hygiene, and employee medical files are consistent with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Serve as role model throughout site and Abbott for effective partnering and consulting. Stay abreast of competitive developments and the opportunities they present. Display pride, confidence and support in the entire HR support centers.
- Ensures the administration of plant organizational development, professional and staff development, employee training and development, and completion of required training plans for site.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Personnel Administration, Business, Liberal Arts or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience across several functions (recruitment, employee relations, compensation, employee and management development, etc.) and experience in a non-union manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a functional managerial role.
- Demonstrated track record of success in project management through driving a variety of activities around community outreach, performance management/assessment, etc. and achieving business results.
- Ability to successfully manage others not under his/her supervision to insure desired results are achieved.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem solving, decision-making skills required.
- Able to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.