When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Remote Office - Flexible Location. Life Science Solutions Group – Licensing and Commercial Supply (LCS)
How will you make an impact?
This Sr. Manager, Business Development (Flexible Location) role will directly impact our mission of making the world healthier by leading a team of business development professionals in the Licensing and Commercial Supply organization. In this role, you will lead your team members with a focus on driving growth by supplying Life Science Solutions group technologies to immuno diagnostic, molecular diagnostic, life science tool and therapeutics customers, on a commercial supply basis for the development & manufacturing of their technologies.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of field based business development professionals and enable them to exceed their revenue goals in the commercial supply space
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies that align to those of our business unit partners
- Develop strategic plans for key customers, market segments, and geographic regions to ensure long term growth and profitability of the LSG commercial supply business
- Negotiate multiyear, multimillion dollar licensing and commercial supply contracts with key customers in the therapeutic, life science tools, diagnostic, and applied market segments
- Develop and implement processes and best practices across the organization including CRM, training, forecasting, planning, compensation, and sales process
- Facilitate complex global deals and projects between customers and our internal support organizations while acting as an internal champion to ensure proper execution
- Create the annual operating plan for the business development team and align the revenue targets and goals to the objectives of the Licensing and Commercial Supply business
- Participate in the annual strategic planning process and work within the matrix to ensure effective implementation of the strategy
How will you get here?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in any life science
- Advanceddegree and/orMBApreferred.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including:
- Sales team management
- Employee development
- Revenue target achievement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of key markets including diagnostics, life science tools and therapeutics
- Using principles of leadership to drive growth via the team
- Ability to work well in a team and matrix atmosphere
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required
Role Success Profile
- Understanding of commercial use applications associated with key markets of diagnostics, therapeutics and life science tools
- Employing principles of leadership on behalf of your team
- Navigating complex situations with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Leading a sales team
- Developing employees
- Working cross functionally across the organization
- Achieving revenue targets
- Competencies (Behaviors)
- Champion for employee development
- Customer focused; creative/innovative in identifying and solving customer’s challenges
- Effective use of leadership
- Willingness to challenge and collaborate with internal organization
- Personal Attributes
- Revenue and growth driven
- Even Keeled
- Goal oriented
- Team player
- Ability to navigate the matrix