The Sr. Manager Business Continuity/Change and Release Management will be responsible to lead the DR plan development activities for the successful recovery of the Express Scripts Canada systems should a catastrophic event occur. The ideal candidate will maintain and enhance the current Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery plan, focusing on standards and a pandemic response plan, facilitating planning sessions and meetings with business teams, provide guidance to cross-functional team member for updating the Disaster Recovery plan, provide required documentation, and coordinate the critical functional process to enhance the current emergency plan. This individual will also mature the organization through educational presentations, risk reviews and assessment and roadmap development.
- Develops and leads business continuity plan tabletop and disaster recovery strategies for restoring critical business systems; provides recommendations and solutions on how to mitigate the exposure to potential risk and develops risk management tactics and plans to prevent business disruptions; estimates budget and planning costs associated with the implementation of the strategy.
- Leads and develops regular and periodic testing exercises and a maintenance schedule to validate the capability of the recovery and contingency plans; implements approved solutions and reports back on the results.
- Leads the IT recovery and contingency plan efforts and actual event management, including organizing and leading a team of professionals from across the enterprise in the event of a disaster, communicating the summary information to all internal and external IT recovery support groups, identifying the appropriate level of resources to maintain continuity of essential functions, and tracking the overall recovery process.
- Leads business continuity risk analysis process and educates leaders across the enterprise, providing progress, updates, advice, and information to the Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Program Steering Committee.
- Develops and maintains all policies, procedures, methodologies, and documentation, including the disaster recovery plan and information and technology recovery run books. Establishes and manages a central online disaster recovery repository to house and maintain all information.
- Recommends and sponsors critical IT recovery performance targets and ensures effective monitoring systems are developed and in place.
- Provides training and education of the disaster recovery management program and BCP/DR industry best practices; maintains awareness of industry recovery standards and potential issues.
- Provides strategy for BCP/DR Roadmap
- Provides support for the business for RFP responses, audits, Change Advisory Board reviews and project DR compliance
- Bachelor degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in technology, business, finance, or related discipline, with a focus on IT technologies and practices;
- 5 years of related experience at progressive levels of accountability with a strong background in delivering business continuity and disaster recovery services across business continuity management domains, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced project management or BA experience with strengths in planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills necessary to establish standards and implement complex business continuity plans
- Expert knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices, and technologies of a Data Centre practice as applied to Disaster Recovery planning and execution
- Proven experience in developing and implementing an IT disaster recovery plan, executing the plan in a test or ‘live’ mode, and conducting assessments of the architecture, solutions, and technical capabilities
- Knowledge of the business functions, strategies, services and products in the area of IT products and services covering data center infrastructure, application system support, architectural frameworks, and disaster recovery best practices
- Ability to translate BIA/Business Continuity requirements and work with technology and business to ensure the appropriate recovery strategy is established
- Knowledgeable in current IT trends and technologies, specifically in the Microsoft technology suite
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, sound judgment, and decision making ability
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced and rapidly changing business environment.
- Proven problem solving experience and excellent communication skills
- Certification or designation by industry recognized organizations such as DRII or BCI
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Program Management department looks after gathering key data from IS management and financial systems and preparing a monthly forecast and annual budget.
Job Id: REQ20009634