An integrated approach to tax requires experienced professionals who push limits and question the status quo. As a member of the National Tax Technology (NTT) Team you will be on the cutting edge of integrating Technology and Tax. The team develops and deploys forward looking internal and go-to-market solutions that help RSM lead in the middle market.
NTT service offerings grow from tax planning ideas, marketplace needs, or technological innovations - all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. In this role, you will work with organizations undergoing transformative change to develop and implement innovative solutions elevating how tax functions operate.
- As a Business Analyst, you'll be tasked with creating documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, feature description PowerPoint decks, user guides, process flows, wireframes and newsletters. You'll also be responsible for:
- Assisting the Product Owner in leading, directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products
- Ability to work collaboratively with Tax Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technical teams and project managers on development projects during all phases of software development life cycle
- Responsible for conducting Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user needs, Manages the Product Backlog for a Product, working with the Product Owner to prioritize requirements, define and manage scope and sprints for a project
- Provides operational support to tax practitioners. Configures SharePoint features in production and non-production environments. Engages with various teams to resolve problems as they arise
- Maintain a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities of and is a Subject Matter Expert on the various areas and tax technology products
- Interface with clients to define and document requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or relevant educational or professional experience
- 3+ years of related experience in related field. Tax industry experience is a plus
- Accreditation such as BA Certification.
- Experience in process design and process improvement experience
- Advanced written, verbal analytical and communications skills required
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Basic client interaction skills
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with teammates, end-users and leadership
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job
- Familiarity with agile project methodology
- Ability to write simple Microsoft SQL Server statements
- Up to 10% travel required
- Working knowledge of analytics, data management, statistics, accounting, and computer applications
- Knowledge and experience with tax compliance systems or financial systems