Earwolf is hiring a Sr. Manager, Audio Engineer in Los Angeles! This managing audio engineer will be leading the growing team of audio engineers responsible for recording, mixing and sound designing Earwolf’s large roster of comedy podcasts. The Sr. Manager, Audio Engineer, Earwolf will work closely with the Director of Audio Engineering and Earwolf network leadership to coordinate audio production and will serve as the point of contact for Earwolf audio engineer performance feedback. We’re looking for someone who will contribute to our most challenging, sound rich shows, manage an experienced team of audio engineers, and oversee the operations of our Los Angeles recording studio. You’re a great fit if you love a fast-paced environment, and working with both big names and rising stars.
In addition to having proven success leading complex audio production operations, you should have a deep knowledge of the LA and national comedy scenes, good comedic judgement and great communication and people skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage work schedules and assignments for the Earwolf audio engineering team, ensuring on-time delivery of finished episodes across the network.
- Plan for maximum efficiency in the use of our Los Angeles studios and ensure that they are maintained and run smoothly.
- Maintain audio production best practices & quality standards across the Earwolf portfolio.
- Maintain audio production tools and systems, ensuring they work efficiently to keep content flowing, making changes as needed.
- Foster deep trust, reliability, and good relationships with hosts, producers and audio engineers, often acting as a liaison between creatives and other departments of the company and resolving conflicts.
- Regularly engineer sessions, edit audio, mix and publish episodes and ads, filling in for other engineers when production schedules demand.
- Lead and/or manage the creative sound design and production process for our most challenging, production-heavy series.
- Contribute high level editorial input and participate in original idea generation
- Provide support and training to the content team in Pro Tools and recording best practices.
- Provide technical guidance for remote recordings, helping hosts, guests and producers to get high quality recordings outside of the studio.
- Regularly listen to shows and provide systematic feedback to engineering and production teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage a growing team of audio engineers dedicated to our Earwolf comedy podcast network.
- 6+ years experience working with podcasts, broadcasts and/or other audio and multimedia content
Requirements and General Skills:
- Past success managing a prolific, efficient, highly organized and disciplined group, with proven ability to consistently maintain high performance in a dynamic working environment
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to project professionalism online, over the phone and in person.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable to a fast paced and evolving industry and workplace.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Up to date knowledge of recording and mixing workflows, equipment & software required
- Experience with podcast publishing platforms and content management systems
- Experience with creative editorial; making choices in cutting and arranging content to professional standards of comedic and dramatic pacing, narrative continuity and quality
- Experience with audio loudness standards, file formats and conversion best practices required
- Proven excellence in sound design, music composition & arrangement and creative mixing
- Experience with Dropbox, Google Drive, and Mac OS required
- Passion for comedy and comedy podcasting