About this Role:
Reporting to the Director of Artist Relations, the Sr Manager of Artist Relations and Engagement will ensure the health and happiness of Minted independent artist community, which is the company’s lifeblood and reason for being. The Sr. Manager will lead programs that build a strong relationship between Minted and our artists throughout their lifecycle on Minted – identifying new talent, developing and celebrating artists, retaining seasoned artists, and creating new opportunities for artists to succeed on the Minted platform. This role will also help artists get the most out of our community by helping them connect with each other, develop friendships and peer mentoring relationships, and ensuring that we continue to be known as the best community in the world for independent artists. This position is ideal for an extroverted person who has a passion for art and design, a head for marketing, PR, and community management, and a heart for building meaningful relationships and supporting the artist’s journey.
Key responsibilities include:
- Solidifying Minted’s reputation as the best community for independent artists, making us widely known in creative circles as the best place for artists to learn, express themselves, and gain exposure for their work.
- Assure the non-monetary benefits of participating in our community. Help artists have fun in our community, build meaningful personal connections with their fellow artists, and enjoy the excitement of Minted’s design challenges.
- Develop offline and online programs that deepen Minted’s personal relationships with our artists.
- Manage our CMYK program, our program for top-selling Minted artists, including qualifications, member communications, feedback and coaching, and other program benefits. Help us define and implement new programs that help our top-selling artists maximize the economic opportunity on and off of the Minted platform.
- Lead onboarding for artists who are new to our community, including orientation content, automated welcome emails, and new artist conference calls and online forums.
- Ensure that artists who participate in our design challenges receive high-quality peer critique from fellow artists. Drive engagement in peer critique and help artists learn how to ask for, and receive, quality critiques.
- Manage and create scalable, fun, and enriching events and programs that solidify personal bonds within the Minted community.
Skills and experience required:
- 8+ years of work experience with significant community-building and marketing or PR experience, preferably in online and creative fields.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for local, national, and online art communities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a natural, extroverted, relationship-builder.
- Event marketing or event planning experience is a plus.
- Very strong written and verbal communication.
- Highly organized person who enjoys designing and owning process, ensuring that repeatable processes run flawlessly.
- Mission-oriented person who enjoys solving problems and helping creative types.