ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate and mentor application development team including managing workload, performance, career development and feedback.
- Provide guidance, coaching and leadership for application development team.
- Lead contributor in development of application strategy.
- Develop new, and maintain existing, application features and functionalities across the entire technology stack.
- Write code that is eloquent, reusable and solves a problem.
- Project management experience with the ability to manage projects to completion.
- Work with a high degree of independence on projects, contributing to both design and implementation.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical internal business.
- Proactive in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Anticipate, identify, and articulate problem areas and work with others to devise solutions.
- Architect application solutions for scale, complexity, security and fault tolerance.
- Manage forecasts, objectives, and tasks of other team members.
- Provide weekly updates as it relates to the team, projects, and tasks.
- Work with users to determine functional requirements of new features or changes.
- Collaborate with client and 3rd parties to develop technical solutions that support business processes and deliver shared objectives (including design and build activities).
- Ensure that established software development guidelines and best-practices are followed throughout the development life-cycle and create new guidelines when necessary.
- Understand and follow company practices and policies surrounding data governance, security, and end to end development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with other IT teams and developers in delivering new systems and upgrades or enhance existing applications.
- Other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of application development work experience.
- Must have experience with software architecture.
- Experience with large scale, enterprise wide, project implementations.
- Expert in ASP.NET/C# development language.
- Experience with AI and machine learning.
- .NET Frameworks 4.0/4.5+.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and how to effectively apply them.
- A strong grasp of architecture and the relationship between client-side and server-side.
- Experience with relational database MSSQL; Proficient use of Transact-SQL.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Web service development and use – REST.
- Practical familiarity with XML, XSL, XPath.
- Project management with the ability to manage projects to completion.
- Experience with Integration Builder is a plus.
- Experience with source code control tools such as Git.
- Able to work with a high degree of independence on projects, contributing to both design and implementation.
- Experience integrating commercial software with both custom solutions and other third party products.
- Practical experience providing tier three application support, troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely, customer focused manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 10 years of application development work experience is required