Purpose of Job:
The Senior Manager, will be responsible for conducting analytics to support the design, implementation and monitoring of key initiatives across Scotiabank’s Canadian customer base, primarily supporting retail distrubution strategy.
The incumbent will act as a subject matter expert on test and learn to help identify test design to measure / assess the performance or success of key business initiatives and provided data driven findings.
The incumbent will report into and work closely with the Director, CIM Analytics in developing strategy, monitoring business performance, and setting strategic priorities.
- Act as the subject matter expert for test and learn for business inititiatives using the APT software. Design the analytical plan, initiate the analysis, confirm findings and present results to key stakeholders. Promote a customer-centric approach to analytics.
- Manage the data population and data structure design with APT Tool
- Co-ordinate with business stakeholders on initiatives to design and set up “test scenarios” using the APT Tool
- Conduct test design to help identify appropriate control group for the in-scope initiatives
- Conduct “test & learn” analysis to measure effectiveness of in-scope initiatives and support strategic decisions. Present findings and iterate to address follow on questions.
- Use knowledge of statistical analysis to evaluate the measurement outcomes and identify significant drivers
- Manage activitities to improve the communication of findings through the implementation of data visualization tools and the development of new processes to disseminate information across the organization. Excellent communication skills are required to present data and articulate views/recommendations clearly
- Enhance the analysis capabilities using the tool, to perform customer level “test and learn”
- Deploy the effective use of modeling, predictive analytics and other advanced statistical techniques to enhance decision making
- Assist in the improvement of the operational activities of the analytics team by identifying and implementing process improvements, identifying methods to monitor and maintain the analytical environment and work with APT and data sources on potential enhancements. Strong attention to accuracy and detail are required.
- Participate on special project teams as required to support the delivery of strategic Bank initiatives.
- Coach and mentor other team members and provide guidance on analytic projects. Work with other senior managers in the Analytics team to provide the capabilities of the group to business stakeholders and identify opportunities to improve existing processes.
The incumbent acts as the expert on analytical activities, and must provide unbiased, customer-focused advice, while at the same time ensuring that their activities do not impede customer acquisition/retention, business line growth and profitability activities.
To be successful in the position, the incumbent requires the following technical and behavioral competencies:
- Understanding of use of statistics in significance testing / measurement
- Advanced level of experience with a data processing language: SAS, R, Python (5+ years).
- Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Experience with Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and data processing within the EDL
- Expert ability to manage and organize information from datamart environments, including interpretation of the results for management presentation purposes.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases in a datamart environment, business intelligence and data mining.
- Knowledge of RetailBanking, specially distributionchannel such as branch network is preferred
- Excellent project management skills to prioritize, manage and implement a variety of competing projects.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess a proactive approach to personal professional development, and stay current with the best practices in the marketplace and changes in the industry.
- Working knowledge of products and services provided by the Bank’s delivery channels.
University degree in economics, statistics or computer science is preferred.
Requisition ID: 17090