Sr. Manager, Analysis and Process Transformation
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Sr. Manager, Analysis and Process Transformation - Commercial Business Risk Office
As a Sr. Process Manager at Capital One, this role is an opportunity to combine your process improvement skills, analytical acumen and work with our risk partners to drive a process framework that delivers customer outcomes within the defined risk parameters. Bringing prior experience with controls design, monitoring, and management into this role will be tremendously helpful in designing processes and an operating model that will endure. This approach ultimately results in flawless execution of the processes, enabling business efficiency and customer satisfaction. In addition to process performance and maturity models, the role will also drive the development of a controls management framework, to drive analytics around issues/ events and understand the thresholds of the individual events vs. the broader process framework.
This role manages both a couple of direct reports and a couple of contractors to deliver flawlessly the controls management ecosystem. You will create and modify processes while collaborating with smart and passionate leaders to influence results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will monitor data trends to measure effectiveness and install necessary benchmarks or thresholds to ensure data integrity. You will educate and gain buy-in from key stakeholders concerning the utilization of process to ensure appropriate execution each and every time. Very strong influencing skills and effective communication at all levels, building win-win partnerships with multiple stakeholders and adapting to and managing change in a fast paced, dynamic environment are default essentials for this role.
- Understanding the DMAIC principles and delivering a controls management discipline to the overall process flows, to drive a well- managed and in-control operations
- Ability to map out a process maturity framework to proactively identify process performance gaps and prioritize actions
- Delivering analytics on controls failures and issues and develop management systems to highlight if issues are within tolerance
- Driving process improvements aligned with desired customer outcomes
- Analyzing, identifying, and correcting data issues with systems used or owned by a department
- Identifying and implementing process improvements driving issue resolution/risk mitigation activities
- Tracking and resolving process breakdowns
- Understanding customers’ needs of the process and driving process improvements
- Developing and maintaining formal process documentation including procedures and process flow diagrams
- Providing subject matter expertise on processes when representing the department in projects and other meetings
We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, process professionals who excel in a team environment and are experts in process engineering/ risk management. This individual will have demonstrated that they can improve company processes in the past, resulting in designing well defined process controls and metrics, hence saving time and resources for the company. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple conflicting tasks are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering flawless execution of process improvement projects.
- Process Management certification or Lean certification or Six Sigma certification or Compliance certification or Business Process Management certification
- At least 2 years of Six Sigma Black belt or 2 years of Lean experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Controls Management and Risk management
- At least 2 years of experience in People management
- At least 3 years experience in leading Continuous Process Improvements, Process Redesign, and Cross functional problem-solving
- Master's Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in People management.
- At least 4 years of hands-on Six Sigma, Master Blackbelt or at least 4 years of hands-on Lean experience
- Experience in an organization with a strong Quality culture
Job ID R49876