We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager who will bring clarity, management, organization, structure, and personality to our US, Mexico, and Europe Sales Finance Accounting team and will provide overall leadership and vision to the European General Accounting team. It is important to us that this person has the energy and desire to manage the execution of all activities that are deemed necessary to the position. This person is also someone who is capable of driving success within a wide range of diverse responsibilities, including communicating with and garnering help from partners across all levels of the organization. Ideally this person is someone who can support a team of seven or more direct reports, manage a workload of their own, drive projects to completion, manage the closing calendar and all related tasks, and handle the ad hoc requests of various business partners and the controller’s organization - simultaneously.
- Delivery of timely and accurate financial statements through effective and efficient accounting and finance transactions in a complex, global environment.
- Increase operating efficiency and effectiveness by providing cross-functional leadership, leveraging organizational resources and improving business processes.
- Ownership of the end-to-end process for US, Mexico, and European Sales Finance Accounting.
- Accountability for the European General Accounting team, with the responsibility of providing guidance to team leadership.
- Performance of certain daily/monthly/quarterly/annual accounting processes.
- Review of certain daily/monthly/quarterly/annual accounting processes performed by direct reports.
- Coaching and engagement with direct reports and outsourced service provider.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, MBA, MAcc, and/or CPA is a plus
- Minimum 7 years of business experience with accountability for controllership, financial planning, reporting and analysis for a business unit
- Public accounting experience preferred; Big 4 a plus
- At least 4 years experience managing direct reports
- Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management abilities with proven systems knowledge and expertise
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and a robust ERP with experience in creating specialized ad hoc reports
- Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level team members
- Impeccable communication skills across all channels with an ability to get the message across over IM, email, phone, etc.
- Strong team orientation
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS & C