Rimini Street, Inc., the world’s leading independent provider of support for enterprise application software, seeks a Sr. Manager, Accounting resident in our Pleasanton, CA office. Our company is currently privately held with plans to become a public company.
Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment.
The Sr. Manager, Accounting is a key member of the Rimini Street’s accounting team. The successful candidate provides accounting and financial oversight on US and international entities, and is primarily responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all financial records. This is a hands-on technical accounting position that is responsible for global month-end close, GL Accounting, and ensuring that all international entities’ financial close and reporting process are GAAP compliant. This Sr Manager of Accountibg Plans, directs, mentors and manages a team of analysts and accountants. The successful candidate must be capable of operating in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment. This position is also responsible for supporting the Director of Accounting in transforming the department in an efficient, scalable and automated approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overal technical GL accounting Process
- Manage close process, including close calendar and checklist, while working with the Director of Accounting, business stakeholders, and the accounting team to ensure a timely close.
- Manages and provides day to day accounting operations support.
- Manage monthly consolidation of worldwide entities, foreign currency translation and elimination process, including preparation of intercompany reconciliations.
- Critically review and analyze data to ensure accuracy, completeness and US GAAP compliance.
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries.
- Prepare and approve general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly cumulative translation adjustment (CTA) analysis.
- Participate in the management of the monthly accounting close process.
- Prepare and review variance analysis for accounts and additional reporting as needed by management and SEC reporting.
- Prepare and review schedules in support of the internal and external audit process.
- Monitor the team’s performance to ensure direct report(s) meet individual tasks, deadlines and perform to established standards. As needed, takes timely actions to coach, develop and train team in order to be able to fulfill their daily responsibilities to achieve the job requirements and needed competencies.
- Effectively balance workloads, assignments and appropriately delegates responsibilities to staff.
- Anticipate issues, propose solutions and understand department interdependencies and deadlines. Proactively communicates with the broader accounting team and cross functional business partners.
- Participate in global standardization efforts for policies and procedures and account reconciliations.
- Review, develop, and maintain SOX controls as the business environment changes as a result of process, system, and policy enhancements. Includes risk assessments and review of risk areas.
- Coordinate and ensures ongoing compliance with SOX.
- Proactively review and recommend process improvements to enhance close efficiencies.
US Citizenship or Full Green Card Holder Required
- BS in Accounting
- CPA is required
- Minimum of 3 to 5years in public accounting with a Big 4 firm
- Minimum 8-10 years of hands-on technical GL accounting experience, including working knowledge of ASC830 – Foreign Currency Matters
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferable, but not necessary
- Month-end close experience and advanced Excel
- Outstanding oral communication, analytical and written skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with the desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently and a strong team player
- Ability to meet tight accounting deadlines
- Ability to improve the close process through automation and process standardization
- Strong knowledge of account reconciliation tools (Blackline)
Job ID 2017-3314