Description: Responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll transactions and premium and claims transactions, for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial and regulatory reports, based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Findings and recommendations are presented to senior management.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinate managers.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Participates in the long-term strategic planning and direction setting of the function.
- Develops and establishes operational policies within area managed.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have KP-wide effect.
- Participates in the development of overall functional objectives and KP goals.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Requires advanced knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of multiple related functions.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.