Sr. Maintenance / Equipment Project Engineer
The company is one of the world?s premier manufacturers of high performance, luxury automobiles and sport utility vehicles. Based in the Upstate of South Carolina they employ over 8,000 associates, making them one of South Carolina?s largest employers. Founded in 1994 the plant will produce over 400,000 vehicles this year, of which over 80% are customized for individual customers.
Project planning and realization of measures to maintain or improve equipment or system performance (repairs, continuous improvements/ optimizations, & new installations, etc.). This includes multiple conveyor technologies, monitoring/information systems, and all process equipment and technology in the Assembly area.
- Design and development of maintenance processes, equipment, and systems.
- Manages maintenance key performance indicators for the department.
- Generates proposals for the adaptation of IH structures, triggered by changes in the product, process, structure and / or environment (milestone plans, cost estimations (Invest, Budget), technical specifications, request for quotations, and option evaluations).
- Determines root cause for equipment/system performance gaps and the optimum solutions in regard to costs, quality, ergonomics, technical innovation, and environment.
- Planning of maintenance measures (repairs, maintenance, fault re-certification, alterations, optimizations, component detachments, etc.) from identification through realization to improve equipment reliability and performance.
- Creates/maintains hazard analyzes or risk assessments for processes, equipment, and systems.
- Drives necessary changes according company standards and Best Practices.
- Evaluates, coordinates and compiles potential suppliers, call for bids, offer evaluation, technical recommendation, acceptance of the equipment from the suppliers, and handing over to the operations.
- Delivery and/or updates of Preventative Maintenance plans, documentation (electronic and hard copy), training/work instructions, and spare parts including min/max levels.
- Development measures and concepts for the further development and stabilization of existing maintenance processes (e.g. development of a future maintenance strategy, development of training contents to deepen the technical and plant knowledge, development and implementation of maintenance specific systems/tools).
- Ensures all assigned projects are on schedule and at or under approved budget (Assembly variance to budget).
- Collaborates with internal and external process partners and suppliers. Generates management project status reports as required. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and experience
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or the equivalent of
- 4 years of professional experience in a manufacturing role AND the following:
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing environment (automotive
- 5+ years maintenance experience (preventive maintenance practices,
- shutdown/startup management, mechanical/electrical and controls/software optimization).
- 5+ years problem solving, data analysis, and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years MS Office.
- 5+ years EPLAN, SAP, IPST or similar CMMS systems (preferred).
- 5+ years written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of risk management strategy and practices related to plant and equipment.
- 3+ years of quality management methods and practices related to plant and equipment related reliability.
- 3+ years project management in manufacturing.
- 3+ years technical drawings and specifications.