Job ID 510011BR
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Engineer working on facility lowvoltage systems: Security (CCTV, Access Control, etc.), Telecom, Datacom, CATV, Fire Alarm. The role includesworking withcustomers and stakeholders to develop designs, oversee installations and perform system commissioning.
- Lead multi-discipline teams in the design and implementation of low voltage systems.
- Develop engineering documentation including floor plans, schematics/wiring diagrams and details, riser diagrams, equipment rack assemblies/details, interconnection diagrams, equipment installations and test plans for facility low voltage systems.
- Review codes and standards for requirements and practices applicable to projects.
- Participate in the standards development and compliance process
- Interface with project management, contractors, vendors and stakeholders to coordinate implementation of designs.
- Provide installation supervision, and test & adjust support for facility low voltage systems.
- Lead the performance of acceptance test procedures (ATP) for facility low voltage systems.
- Apply standard engineering techniques and ensure that assigned designs are in compliance with appropriate technical standards and regulatory codes.
- Perform design reviews to ensure codes, standards and design requirements are met
- Lead troubleshooting of existing facility low voltage systems, including taking measurements, recording data and developing recommendations and solutions
- Prepare and review equipment specifications, perform technical evaluation of vendor products and proposals and initiate required procurement requisitions.
- Mentor other engineers, technical specialists and designers for engineering skills, knowledge, and judgment.
- Take an active role in developing processes and establishing norms in performance.
- Assist with review and evaluation of personnel performance
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience with some or all of the following areas: electronics, electricalcircuits, communication systems, video systems, and facility low voltage control systems including fire alarm or energy management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledgeable and skilled in using common computer software for word processing, spreadsheets, etc. (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education in keeping technically proficient
- Team player, able to partner with others in a technical team environment
- Technical leader in facility low voltage systems
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to troubleshoot and assess problems in the field to develop and implement solutions
- Very flexible with work schedule, including being able to work any days and hours for start-up and system downtime response
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Understanding of the following facility low voltage systems: Security (CCTV, Access Control, etc.), Telecom, Datacom, Fire Alarm, Energy Management Systems
- Understanding of life safety systems and fail safe design concepts
- Able to perform risk assessments for non-prescriptive design approaches
- Understand the business impact of their decisions
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree from a school with ABET accreditation
- Florida Licensed Professional Engineer