The Sr. Manager of Logistics is responsible for developing and implementing Logistics strategies within the Supply Chain and solutions in support of meeting future and current business needs. This leadership role will be responsible for domestic and international transportation, compliance with customs and other regulations, relationships with Logistics vendors and updating management with real time tracking of shipments to and from manufacturing sites. This position will also be responsible to lead and drive change through people, systems, and process to continuously develop innovative Logistics solutions to ensure excellence in cost, quality, and service.
Role & Responsibility
- Directly manage and develop Logistics solutions including 3PL arrangements as well as the transportation network servicing multiple channels / markets for the entire business.
- Ensures compliance with US Customs laws and International laws and regulations related to import /export activities.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory integrity, process controls, procedures, and systems throughout the Logistics network
- Direct work and maintains oversight of transportation management team (internal and external) – managing consolidation programs and carrier relationships.
- Provide the analytical tools necessary for decision making which includes reporting metric trends to help drive the business.
- Partners with procurement management for vendor management of inbound freight to ensure overall customer service levels, supply of materials in a timely manner while minimizing total costs.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture - responsible for executing a portfolio of distribution and transportation logistics improvement projects to optimize distribution network, maximizing service levels while lowering total delivered costs.
- A key driver for performance management and an advocate of company culture (Values and Behaviors) – developing, mentoring, and elevating the performance of direct staff.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Business, Operations, or related field. MBA a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in logistics management.
- Extensive experience in managing 3PL distribution centers.
- A minimum of eight years of experience managing a team. .
- Experience in IT systems used in tracking and optimization of Logistics networks a plus.
- Experience with JDE or equivalent ERP systems a plus.
Knowledge & Skill
- Ability to influence and incorporate feedback at high levels cross functionally and be an agent for change.
- In depth knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes & current best practices.
- Project management skills; ability to actively participate in and lead cross functional project team (internal), and to manage across supplier teams (external) for projects requiring multiple outside suppliers.
- Exceptional financial/business literacy and analytical skills as well as written and oral communications skills.