We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab's Local Acquisition Marketing team plays an important role in introducing Schwab's purpose to investors in communities across the country. The team's charter is to develop and activate community-based acquisition marketing campaigns that drive new leads. The Sr. Acquisition Program Manager plays a critical role in developing and maintaining high standards for executional excellence within the Local Marketing team.
The Sr. Acquisition Program Manager plans, organizes and manages the day-to-day operations of the Local Marketing team. We’re looking for an “efficiency Jedi,” someone who loves to make work simpler, collaboration greater and impact exponential.
What you’ll do:
A typical day could include working with our internal agency to kick off a new creative project, engaging with a Schwab branch manager to roll out the new branch launch program, managing our dynamic budget, and working closely with your partner in the Local Marketing Program office to represent the “voice of the Field” and identify new programs and tools to bring to market.
Creating and documenting efficient processes is your jam. People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier and are always up-to-the-minute on program details. You bring a positive, inquisitive “challenger” mindset to the job, and are never satisfied with the status quo. After all, you love marketing, and the power of bringing the Schwab story to life.
- Manage end-to-end process with internal agency for new Local Marketing programs, from strategic brief through execution and implementation.
- Act as the voice of the Field to centralize feedback and provide direction to other Central Marketing teams. Align closely with Sr Team Lead, Local Programs, to represent Field needs for Local tools and programs; Field Integration to understand Field priorities and commitments and communicate those back out to the Local Marketing team.
- Act as the point person within Central Marketing to gather details of new campaigns and create and distribute FAQ to team
- Lead and implement the marketing process for branch opening/relocations: Proactively manage Field and team expectations for requirements and milestones, collaborate closely with team to customize the strategy for individual markets, work closely with otherEvents Director on resources required to support individual branch launches.
- Work with our media team and external agency to plan the media in support of branch openings, relocations and closures.
- Manage the budget: Work closely with the cross-functional team on planning, forecasting, management and reconciliation of spend.
- Establish and maintain regular milestones for delivery of program recaps; work with the team to deliver monthly recaps and quarterly look-backs. Ensure that learnings are documented and shared. Maintain library of Best Practices.
- Develop quarterly competitive analyses to understand trends and implications at the local marketing level.
- Work with Analytics team to provide program and budget details as needed for campaign analysis.
- Build and submit recaps of Local Marketing work that show the significant accomplishments and contributions of our local programs. Help manage other one-off requests for insights into local programs.
- Lead annual planning process: identify timelines and dependencies, work across team to develop templates for plans.
- Look for connections to other projects and recommend simplification and integration points.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress.
- Establish, document and communicate simple workflows.
What you have:
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing experience.
- Strong project management skills, with hands-on experience project managing an initiative from start to finish. Learns from failures as well as successes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work autonomously and within teams, proven self-starter.
- Data-curious, and leverages business results to help drive outcomes for the branch network.
- Effective change agent who can thoughtfully champion new ideas, and coach partners to recognize the benefits and adopt change for themselves.
- Relentlessly curious, never satisfied with the status quo, seeks and implements recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.