Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way.
Brookdale Elk Grove, Brookdale Folsom, Brookdale Citrus Heights & Brookdale Orangevale offer a beautiful Assisted Living and Alzheimer's and dementia care campuses for seniors. Our loving family redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, and allowing them to live life more meaningfully. We respect the privacy and individuality of each person, while at the same time creating a real sense of community.
Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level and revenue production of the community in accordance with marketing and business plans to include managing sales process and completing all activities required for a sale. Represents the community and increases awareness through participation in outside events. Coordinates with the business development coordinator/director in their efforts to generate referrals or manages this activity in the absence of business development associates. Assist management with resident retention. Partners with management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals.
- Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans. Utilizes established sales processes, systems, and forms for sales to perform job duties, track information, compile data and reports, and achieve desired community occupancy goals.
- Manages the sales process by assisting prospective residents, their family members, and/or advisors in the decision-making process by understanding their needs and educating them about the community's services and programs. Responds promptly to every telephone call, email and Internet or in-person inquiry. Completes weekly follow-up calls, letters, and tours as defined by the community marketing plan.
- Coordinates and completes all activities needed for a sale and converts deposits to move-ins, including, but not limited to, visiting the prospect's home, health care providers, or other locations to conduct initial assessments or sales presentations and ensuring that the required forms are completed by the prospect, his/her physician and family prior to the move in.
- Keeps management and other key associates abreast of the status of all prospective move-ins. Tracks and records pre-residency steps to facilitate communication.
- Coordinates with the business development coordinator/director on a weekly basis regarding business development efforts to meet or exceed the established goals for professional leads as set by the community marketing plan. Contacts local sources including legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners, skilled nursing facilities, retirement communities, clergy, medical insurance providers, and other local community contacts that are not part of the business development coordinator/director referral contacts. Manages the business development activities noted above in the absence of business development associates.
- Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources on a weekly basis. Provides information and conducts presentations about community services and programs, market advantages, availability, and other relevant information to meet the needs of prospective referral sources and community groups.
- Effectively manages community inventory and looks for opportunities for increasing revenue and creating other revenue streams.
- Represents the community and increases awareness through participation in outside events, professional groups, and community involvement in the local market. Uses relevant community knowledge and research to plan, coordinate, and implement monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events as specified by management and the community marketing plan. Follow up and executes sales process with all leads from events.
- Assists management with resident retention through new resident welcome events, resident referral programs, outside community visits to current hospitalized residents, and other programs as outlined in the marketing plan or by the Regional Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Partners with management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Researches and provides recommendations for content and delivery of brochures, fliers, press releases and other forms of media that promote community services.
- Monitors conversion ratios regarding sales performance and business development calls to direct referral sources and collects and analyzes data to prepare weekly and monthly reports. Provides frequent sales performance issue information to management.
- Maintains working knowledge of lead management systems and uses them to maximize sales effectiveness. Inputs all sales and marketing activities in a timely manner and according to systems standards.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education is required. A minimum of two to five years sales experience, preferably in the retirement industry or medical or pharmaceutical sales, with a proven track record of generating and closing a high percentage of qualified leads is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Frequent car travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sounds judgement and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations to include applicable processes for the product line(s) being sold. Knowledge of state regulations impacting or directing the delivery of services. Ability to operate smart-phones, personal computers and related software. Ability to effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic environment is required. Ability to build trust and act honestly in relationships with others. Ability to assess and understand customers' expectations, needs and circumstances. Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and to treat people with dignity, respect, fairness and maturity. Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing is essential.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Requires Travel: Occasionally.