Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a Senior Linux Systems Engineer for our FDA Scientific Computing program. Engility supports the FDA and their scientists in Scientific Computing which includes but is not limited to; technical and research aspects (e.g., hardware, software, desktop support, infrastructure, virtualization all in a laboratory environment) supporting a variety of FDA Centers. This position will support OIM (Office Information Management).
The Senior Linux Systems Engineer will work in conjunction with the rest of the Engineering team in support of the overall FDA program.
The duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Exploring new technologies to improve efficiency and maximize performance
- Establishing operations policies and procedures for production Installing, configuring, and maintaining production systems and applications
- Building and tools, scripts, and operating procedures for continuous efficiency improvement
- Fault detection, isolation, resolution, and root cause analysis
- Deploying new releases and patches to test and production environments
- Evaluating commercial and open-source tools to improve efficiency
- Performance analysis and optimization
- Capacity planning
- Script and procedure development
Position will require FDA public trust to start work, we will process the right candidate for the required clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Related Field
- 14+ years related IT Systems Administration experience
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration
- MySQL administration; performance tuning experience a plus
- Implementing and supporting management tools
- Expert-level scripting skills using Unix scripting toolkits
- knowledge of systems and infrastructure security
- Operational experience supporting large, high-volume sites, ideally at a major SaaS company
- Demonstrated experience working with monitoring and analytics tools
- Working knowledge of deployment and distribution automation tools
- Experience in virtualization environments is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Passionate, hard-worker, team player, willingness to contribute in multiple areas.
- Strong sense of pride in workmanship.
- Able to travel to customer sites
- Ability to obtain a public trust