Buchanan Technologies is currently seeking a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator for a full-time, direct hire career opportunity in Dallas, TX, to assist with supporting the Oracle DBA and application teams as well as administration of the Linux based systems that support the business. Experience with Red Hat Satellite version 6.0 (or later) is required.
The position of Senior Analyst, Infrastructure Operations, specializing in Linux administration, will be to assist in supporting the ORACLE DBA and application teams as well as administration of the Linux based systems that support the business. This position will report to the AVP, Enterprise Services Team and work closely with senior analysts throughout the organization. The Senior Analyst must function as a strong IT team member in a variety of team oriented support, installations and project planning. The Senior Analyst must also contribute to the development and maintenance of documentation, including standards, procedures, and guidelines of the Enterprise Services environment.
- Provide support to Oracle DBA and application staff.
- Provide support to InfoSec staff.
- Work with other teams to develop new services to support the business.
- Responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux installation, administration, maintenance and updates.
- Maintain technology enhancements as it relates to the global systems.
- Assist in the implementation and troubleshooting of the global and corporate systems infrastructure.
- Provide upper level support to service desk staff.
- Identify infrastructure needs to support business growth.
- Create, maintain and update system documentation.
- Perform daily systems operational and support activities.
- Assist in the long-range systems implementation planning for the organization worldwide.
- Responsible for hardware firmware updates.
- Monitor system logs and performance and identify/resolve problems proactively.
- Reference the global systems architectural drawings and Product Catalog as needed.
- Follow the Standard and Guidelines for IT-related subjects.
- Assist with management and support of Storage and Virtualization subsystems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite version 6.0 or later.
- Experience with python, ruby and bash scripting.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools like puppet and ansible.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- High attention to detail and accountability in analytical assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with all levels of management.
- Hard-working, detail oriented and committed to producing great end results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment with many competing priorities
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Develops and drives accountability for self and others.
- Strong customer/client focus with the ability to provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
- Demonstrates professional maturity that represents the organizations image.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business or computer sciencerequired.
- Targeting 4-5 years of related industry experience.
- Red Hat Linux system administration (RHCE preferred).
- Experience with VMware vSphere administration beneficial but not required.
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage systems.
- Experience with centralized authentication systems (Kerberos, LDAP, AD, TACACS, RADIUS).
- In-depth understanding of LDAP and PAM.
- In-depth understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Experience in hot/cold backup mechanisms.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring skills must be at expert level.
- Strong Perl, Python or shell script programming skills required.
- Experience in configuring/managing environments with failover/high availability requirements.
- Highly-effective documentation of technical systems and technical policies/procedures.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills in English language. Ability to articulate solutions in a non-technical manner to business executives.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively across regions with global teams.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel knowledge, including ability to summarize data via formulas, lookups, Pivot Tables, conditional formatting, etc.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- Work hours vary depending on business activity.
- Required to be on-call (evenings and weekends) with other team members to support production systems environments on a rotational basis.
- This position does not require frequent travel, less than 10%. Travel would be domestic and International as necessary.
Desired Organizational Competencies:
- Accountability - Demonstrates a commitment to and responsibility for accomplishing individual, team and business objectives
- Drive - Consistently achieves challenging goals/objectives, and demonstrates an ability to create value and maximize results
- Planning- Identifies business needs, problems and risks proactively, and develops well founded plans that specify strategies, actions/solutions, risk mitigates and desired results
- Critical Thinking / Judgment - Commits to an action after developing alternative solutions that are based on logical assumptions and factual information and that take into consideration resources risks and organizational values
- Adaptability - Exhibits the capacity to successfully change and evolve one’s actions, opinions and behavior as a result of changing priorities or environment
- Communication Skills - Proactively communicates in the appropriate medium with clarity and focus at the right level to ensure delivery has the appropriate impact
- Influential Leadership - Leads with confidence and conviction, and is able to establish credibility, trust, and respect among team members
- Team Work - Fosters collaboration among team members and business partners, and uses capabilities to achieve team goals