Sr. Linux Software Engineer
Our client is a small, nimble start-up like team inside a very successful Boston-based medical device. The team is extremely talented and the product is an industry game-changer and is ahead of their competition in a $B market.
They are seeking a Sr. Linux Engineer /DevOps type who has a strong information technology background, to join their exciting and fast-paced development team.
Local candidates only please as our client will not relocate.
- Release engineering in GIT version control system (rebasing, merging C++ code base)
- Developing scripts in Python or Perl and some experience with C++
- Installation of Redhat/CentOS Linux operating system on modern laptop used by software engineering team
- Troubleshooting/fixing problems with device drivers and providing updates to laptop
- Rebuilding RPM’s and/or kernel modules
- Providing guidance and technical assistance as needed
- Developing and maintaining installation/upgrades and configuration procedures
- Assisting team with various IT projects
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred. MS is a plus.
- In depth knowledge with Linux (RedHat/Fedora/CentOS) operating system and the Linux Kernel
- Ability to install Linux Redhat/CentOS on off the shelf hardware (Laptops)
- Experience with solving Linux hardware/software integration problems
- Experience with writing/updating shell scripts
- Experience with building applications using make and troubleshooting problems
- Passion for solving hardware/software OS issues