As the Sr. Advanced Signaling Technical Leader you will be our go to expert in all areas of traditional signaling systems, but also our innovator for new and advanced technologies that will help shape the solutions that we bring to light for solving our client's highly technical transit and rail needs.
Working with other members of our leadership you'll establish a team and grow the transit/rail system practice as well as mentor/develop staff involved with systems such as PTC, CBTC, traditional signal systems and seek out new innovations in rail signaling for the global practice. During your time with us you will also have the opportunity to serve as a project manager for major transit system projects and coordinate / supervise the work of a transit system staff professionals and technicians during the entire project to complete project on schedule. You will also serve as a high-level industry point of contact between clients and our company.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for the next generation of rail systems in the US and beyond.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:• BS degree and 20 years of theoretical and applied experience in advanced signaling systems or MS in systems or electrical engineering and 15 years of applied signaling experience or BS in electrical engineering with expertise equivalent to IRSE Signaling Principal Designer with 10 years of experience thereinThe ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:• Minimum 10 years of experience in project/engineering management with at least 5 years in field with a manufacturer or installer and at least 5 years client side with a consultant or transit agency
• 10 years of experience on large metro systems such as NYCT, London Underground, Hong Kong MTR, and Singapore MRT with a strong preference for experience with clients in Greater New York Metro
• Demonstrable expertise in the full life cycle of rail signal systems and the engineering thereof including train planning/modeling, block design, RAMS, system design, vital and non-vital logic programming, installation, verification & validation, commissioning, and asset management
• Meaningful and significant project experience implementing positive train control or ERTMS Level 2 and CBTC; as well as traditional signaling systems of all types
• Ability to demonstrate comfort with being viewed as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves complex and technically challenging problems while planning, developing, and implementing projects or design activities which have significant impact on major transit system programs and 24/7 live train operations
• Ability to demonstrate effective project and task management skills
• Experience marketing to clients and delivering technical papers at conferences
• Must be a strong team leader consensus builder and team player skilled in technical writing communicating and presenting to clients
• Must be able to work with office/corporate leaders to develop strategies for key hiring pursuits, key project pursuits, team growth, office growth, profitability, employee development and employee satisfaction
• Professional Engineer License