Providing clerical support to Litigation attorneys and cover for scheduled and non-scheduled absences of secretaries; assist with all overflow work as required for daily operation of law practice.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Draft, transcribe and type routine correspondence and documents.
- Maintain files of correspondence and other records.
- Answer telephone and routine questions from clients and staff members and/or route calls to appropriate staff members.
- Schedule appointments, depositions, meetings, hearings, etc. and keep appointment calendar for attorney; make travel arrangements.
- Perform administrative duties such as file opening and closing.
- Receive, read, and route/answer incoming mail/e-mail.
- Draft some legal documents and other substitute legal assistant duties under the supervision of an appropriate professional.
- Perform clerical duties for non-legal departments as needed.
- 4-5 years previous legal secretarial experience or related clerical experience.
- Typing - 80+ WPM; advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with various levels of legal staff.
- Comprehensive legal secretarial knowledge.