$150K — $200K *
The Senior Legal Counsel is responsible for providing a broad range of legal services to the company, both directly and in conjunction with outside counsel, with a significant focus on intellectual property protection, technology transactions, contract drafting and negotiation, regulatory compliance and product development.
As an integral part of the legal team, you will be expected to identify, analyze and advise company on a variety of legal and corporate matters to support the legal team and the operations of Vertafore. You will be the main point of contact for the Sales and Marketing, Customer Support, Professional Services and Tech/SaaS Operations teams and work collaboratively as a business partner to help the business identify and implement practical business solutions to achieve its goals. You will be responsible for updating, managing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of complex technical contracts including Software as a Service (SaaS), software and technology licensing, service and supply, professional services, consulting, confidentiality, purchasing or procurement, marketing and other agreements as may be requested from time to time.
You will also assist the other attorneys within the department and other department heads to address matters involving regulatory compliance, product development, intellectual property, human resources, vendors, finance and sales, as well as customer and other third party claims that may arise from time to time. The Senior Legal Counsel will report to the company’s Assistant General Counsel and be responsible for providing legal counsel, contract drafting and negotiations, and helping the business identify and implement practical business solutions to achieve its goals. The Senior Legal Counsel will be highly organized, solution driven, customer service-oriented, pragmatic and proactive in their approach to contracting and be able to work both collaboratively and autonomously. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and familiarity with Salesforce.com are a must.
Some duties include:
· Draft, negotiate and review a wide range of agreements, including complex matters relating to intellectual property including licensing and sublicensing, supply and vendor agreements, SaaS solutions, marketing, and other commercial transactions;
· Review marketing related agreements and provide support to the marketing department around events, promotions, and compliance;
· Advise the company and leadership on a broad range of federal and state regulatory and compliance matters including identifying areas of risk and making suggestions for improvement;
· Work with the sales department to review, revise and negotiate sales agreements in Salesforce and regarding contract workflow;
· Work independently as the lead attorney on many matters and collaboratively with our other attorneys in the department, as well as outside counsel, on more significant matters;
· Lead significant projects, both within the legal department and across a variety of functions;
· Continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of legal contract support within the company while maintaining the quality and consistency of contracts across the organization, following all applicable best practices, processes and procedures.
• JD from an accredited law school with exceptional academic credentials.
• Admitted to Colorado or licensed in another state in good standing and submit an application to the Colorado State Bar for admittance.
• At least 6 years of combined top law firm and/or in-house experience.
• Extensive experience representing clients on contract matters, preferably in the software and/or professional services related industries.
• Extensive experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements including but not limited to software licensing, SaaS, vendor/procurement or sales/service agreements, professional services agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Familiarity with laws relevant to the sale and marketing of software including with respect to licensing, data protection/privacy, intellectual property, IT, antitrust, export control and regulatory compliance.
• Possess a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment.
• Has experience and comfort working with and advising business internal clients directly.
• Extremely detail oriented.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple, competing workloads with changing priorities to meet necessary deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Valid through: 2/9/2021
$160K — $200K + + bonus