Express Scripts is seeking a talented, business-oriented lawyer to join its Legal Team!
This role provides legal support to the Procurement Group. The role will involve drafting, negotiating and advising on a range of procurement arrangements (including HR, facilities, professional advisory, and technology relationships) and supporting the Procurement Group efficiently secure first class contracts with suppliers.
- Review, draft, negotiate, interpret and analyze vendor contracts, including master services agreements, consulting agreements, statements of work, licenses and supporting documents, including with respect to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, internal policies and business team objectives.
- Assist in developing/updating standard contracttemplates for utilization by the Procurement Group.
- Review internal processes from time to time to ensure process optimization for legal support to the Procurement Group.
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal advice directly to the Procurement Group.
- J.D. from accredited U.S. law school. Undergraduatedegree from accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a transactional lawyer. In-house experiencepreferred.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Missouri
- Experience with software applications such as Access, Excel or other PC based database tools.
- The successful candidate must be experienced in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements, amendments and other legal documentation along with a good understanding of risk. Familiarity with consulting and information technology services contracts preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, (i.e., presentation and written, listening, phone).
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning, problem identification and resolution skills required.
- Ability to plan for and integrate multiple tasks concurrently as well as work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to think and decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Position is based in St. Louis, MO or Bloomington, MN.