The Legal Consultant will develop top-caliber analysis on complex legislation, regulations, court cases, HR strategy, customized plan design, compliance, and governance consulting issues. This position requires technical research, technical analytical abilities, communication skills and the ability to work with teams to identify and solve complex legal and technical issues on specific consulting projects and services.
To fulfill this role, the Legal Consultant will:
- Review current developments in the area of legal/technical expertise, undertake required research, prepare complex technical analyses and develop market-differentiating advice, insights, and solutions
- Analyze key policy, legislative and legal developments and issues, and share advice, insights and solutions with internal and external clients; review work prepared by others; may design and draft legal documents (i.e. plan documents, employment policies, communication to participants, plan governance and administrative materials).
- Act as legal/technical expert providing advice, insights and solutions to clients and consultants on unique legal/technical and compliance issues affecting strategies, programs, plans (design and operations), and practices.
- Present consulting capabilities to clients and prospective clients along with sales consultants, account managers, and business consultants.
- Identify marketing opportunities and review marketing and business focused materials for legal/technical accuracy.
- Remain abreast in their field of expertise through research and continuing education designed to enhance expertise pertaining to various human resources and legal/technical areas, including HR strategies, benefit plans, plan governance (federal and state compliance), employment policies and practices and operational/administrative processes.
To be considered for this opportunity, we require the following qualifications and experience:
- JD or Bachelors degree with significant legal/technical experience
- Minimum 8 years of legal/technical employee benefits experience
- Solid knowledge of HR practice, laws, plans and operations
- Ability to interact successfully with clients, consultants and other Legal Consultants
- Ability to analyze and communicate (writing, verbal) effectively
- Ability to coach and guide others
- Work effectively in areas of uncertainty