We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
A day in the life...
The Senior Learning Experience Designer on the Learning & Leadership team develops various products to support learning needs for internal partners across the business. Learning Experience Designers effectively manage the entire development process, building creative and engaging learning materials, and delivering ‘best in class’ programs enterprise-wide. This role plays a critical part in our efforts to be as renowned for our people experience as we are for our customer experience.
The successful candidate must be comfortable collaborating and influencing at all levels of the organization, including HR Business Partners, Learning Directors & Business Partners, senior corporate leaders, subject matter experts, and end users. This role requires strong project management and diverse experience in learning media development including digital and non-digital learning products like videos, custom SharePoint sites, info graphics, motion graphics, job aids, and instructor-led training materials, etc. The creative talent and curiosity to challenge the status quo, innovate and help re-imagine learning at Nordstrom are a must!
- Establish strong, consultative partnerships with end users, learning business partners/specialists, stakeholders, subject matter experts and learners to understand project requirements, evaluate existing programs, and ensure final products align with company, business unit and learning priorities.
- Lead by example – effectively strategizing, planning and managing multiple complex projects/priorities.
- Partner with end-users, business subject matter experts, and Learning & Leadership partners, to develop innovative learning products that meet identified objectives in creative, engaging, relevant ways that are reflective of the Nordstrom culture and brand.
- Create digital interactive user interfaces (e-learning, system simulations, videos, surveys, motion graphics, SharePoint sites and HTML emails) and print deliverables (student workbooks, job aids, facilitator guides, presentations, infographics, flowcharts and system steps.)
- Leverage creativity and consultative skills to bring innovative content delivery solutions that make accessing learning and information engaging and simple for employees.
- Ensure final products are ready for implementation and delivery.
- Use available tools and templates to ensure consistency and timely progress on project milestones and implement new standards to improve efficiency.
- Work within project budget, resource and time parameters.
- Deliver exemplary internal customer service through strong professionalism and project ownership/management.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork through relationship building and effective collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree in Adult Learning, Learning Design & Technologypreferred.
- 7+ years video, graphic design and eLearning technologyexperience - as a fashion retailer, visual presentation is key to our audience. Candidate must have the ability to design fresh and new, visually appealing layouts for media and e-learning deliverables
- Strong demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro required
- Significant eLearning development in Articulate required
- Video production skills, including prepping talent, script writing, post-production, editing, etc. preferred
- Experience managing vendors on outsourced projects preferred
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and leaders and to influence in a variety of settings.
- Outstanding collaboration and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent, proven organizational/project management skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, continuously evolving, and sometimes ambiguous environment required
- Retailexperience a plus
- Portfolio of representative work required