- Works cooperatively and effectively with other members of cross-functional project teams, including other Learning Architects, Design Architects, Production Managers, and Content Shared Services providers.
- Works with Lead LA and cross-functional project teams to define the creative vision for both print and digital learning products. Creates high-level concept proposals to address specified market requirements.
- Leading a small team or working independently, prepares digital or print content for release, develops and/or checks page layouts, and implements all steps in the production process for assigned projects; works closely with designers and photo researchers on page layouts, photo selection, and creation of illustrations; develops and/or checks content and participates in all stages of production; effectively utilizes tools in the publishing process to facilitate development efficiency and enhance product quality.
- Works with cross-functional PDM teams to design products that meet specified learning and user experience (UX) requirements, including writing appropriate prototype content, providing input into design decisions, and reviewing design outputs.
- Develops scope and sequence to ensure required standards coverage. Writes clear project guidelines and coordinates/reviews the work of editors and freelance writers; writes or revises portions of manuscripts, scripts, and storyboards; edits manuscript for several major components of a project according to project guidelines and divisional standards of quality and accuracy. Provides training, guidance, and oversight for more junior team members.
- Works effectively with other employees across the division; keeps Lead LA well informed of project progress and issues, referring appropriate decisions to management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education or relevant discipline
- Subject-matter expertise in Reading/Language Arts
- Deep knowledge of curriculum standards and criteria for evaluating instructional materials from various states, large school districts, and national organizations
- 8+ years of educational publishingexperience
- 8+ years of editorial and/or learning design experience
- Strong conceptual skills, a critical eye for detail, and the ability to translate complex concepts into visual representations
- Self-motivation, ability to work with and communicate effectively with a variety of technical and creative individuals
- Passionate about creating engaging and effective (fun!) learning products
- Experience developing learning solutions for the K–2 Reading/Language Arts market
- Teaching experience helpful
- Strong design/aesthetic sensibilities
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrates increasing content knowledge for assigned projects; becomes familiar with and applies knowledge of market research to text; has a thorough understanding of all relevant state and national standards; fully understands sensitivity issues
- Works effectively with other employees across the division; keeps Lead LA well informed of project progress and issues, referring appropriate decisions to management
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products and publishing software (InCopy, Adobe Acrobat)
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Job Requisition ID: 14544