Req Num 9780
Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the nation's top debit and credit processor and fastest growing payments company in the country.
As Vantiv grows, our need for a skilled and seasoned finance team grows. Being a player in the payments processing industry requires a savvy team of experts who can easily navigate the often complex and sophisticated world of rules and regulations associated with running a large business. By ensuring our finances are clear and compliant, we can monitor and measure our successes and discover new areas for growth.
The Senior Leader -- Accounting is a skilled professional who develops, implements and maintains one or more accounting system, such as General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and more. He/she will also work to balance the books, prepare profit/loss statements and may work on tax returns at the local, state or federal level. By applying a critical mind to accounting, he/she will uncover potential efficiencies in the process and work to continuously improve Vantiv's systems.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Vantiv, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations, including accounting, accounts payable, receivables and settlement reconciliation.
- Leads the incentive compensation team; developing processes and procedures to assure accurate monthly, quarterly and annual sales compensation payments.
- Oversees the financial accounting systems, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Procurement and Receivables, to secure a robust ERP and financial reporting systems.
- Reviews and analyzes financial results, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Assess and interpret financial reporting requirements and review accounting literature to determine impact to the company.
- Implements new accounting standards, including ASC606 -- Revenue Recognition and ASC842 -- Leases.
- Selects and evaluates personnel to build world-class accounting and incentive compensation teams.
- Develops a comprehensive internal control environment to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Create long-term strategy and direction for accounting and incentive compensation teams as well as related information technology systems.
- Establish corporate and/or organizational policies resulting in robust internal controls.
- Direct the development and continuous improvement of the internal controls over financial reporting, resulting in zero SOX deficiencies.
- Applies detailed knowledge of the company to discover innovative concepts and promote new ideas.
- Recognized as an influential leader within the company, he/she provides direction to staff, peers and senior leaders throughout the company to continually drive the company's mission and objectives.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Minimum 12 years' experience with progressive increase in responsibilities
Minimum 5 years leading large financial and/or accounting operations
Accredited degree in Accounting
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Big 4 experience a plus
Large SEC registration experience a plus
International accounting experience a plus
Solid organizational, interpersonal, written and analytical skills
Must be able to manage multiple priorities and direct the tasks of others simultaneously through conclusion
Excellent oral and written communication skills