The CenturyLink Client Technology Advisor is responsible for co-coordinating CenturyLink technical resources to provide advice to complex clients. This CTA will be dedicated to one Major Strategic client account. The Client Technology Advisor will work alongside a Client Service Partner and Technical Service Engineer and will need to spend the majority of their time based on the client’s site.
Functions include a broad horizontal skill set and particular core competencies in Managed hosting technologies from a server, networking and security perspective working at a global and local level. In addition to experience in a technical role, competency in areas such as business leadership, management, relationship building, and client interaction are required. This position must be available as an advisory role for critical client issues. The Client Technology Advisor will not be responsible for any hands-on device support.
• Provide an extension of the client’s technical team, representing the client to CenturyLink and CenturyLink to the client.
• Build effective relationships at all levels: including operational, technical and senior management.
• Be able to adjust your language dependent on your audience (Management or technical)
• Make proactive recommendations to clients for service optimization and enhancement. Take the lead in client solution development workshops as needed.
• Understand a client’s current technical environment, business application(s) and future IT strategy and requirements.
• Create impact assessments on client infrastructure for developing / changing requirements.
• Provide lifecycle technical leadership within the CenturyLink account team in support of the client, assuming responsibility for the client’s architecture.
• Participate in problem resolution and incident management in an advisory role on client impacting events.
• Engage with sales, solutions engineering and implementation team to facilitate smooth running and faster introduction of new technology, service implementation and changes.
• Create and process customer facing technical documentation as required.
• Lead technical workshops and meetings, making proactive recommendations to enhance technical solution. Identify efficiencies, such as server consolidation, reduction of storage and backup, along with opportunities for automation.
• Educate operational teams within CenturyLink Technology Solutions, building client intimacy to improve support.
• Provide a point of escalation and technical input during client outages with strong crisis management abilities.
• Provide guidance on where the two parties interface to ensure that both sides understand each other.
• Create, collaborate and/or review root cause analysis reporting for service outages, following up on corrective actions.
• Oversee projects and service delivery, co-coordinating major changes and maintenance, ensuring implementations meet client expectations and technical requirements.
• Proof read changes to ensure the correct terminology has been used and concepts understood, make sure CenturyLink server name, not customer name etc. are used.
• Feed back finding to customer to stream line future changes.
• Generate reports and technical recommendations, e.g. statistics on server, storage and bandwidth utilization included in monthly service review reports.
Significant experience or exposure to the following technical areas of Enterprise hosting infrastructure including: Server technologies (H/W HP DL series & O/S Linux/Windows), knowledge of enterprise storage methodologies (3Par/EMC/SAN Fabric), Database (Oracle, MySQL), security products (firewalls Checkpoint / FWSM / ASA), networking (Juniper EX/QFX/WAN MPLS / LAN / TCP/IP BigIP F5) and Cloud products (AWS/Azzure) and virtual servers technologies (ESX, Hyper-V)
• Significant experience of relevant industry, with a graduated advancement in job level or technical position.
• Experience working within the financial vertical, market data or low latency algorithmic trading
• Ability to gather, compile and analyze data to make practical recommendations at the tactical or strategic level. Knowledge of analysis/sizing tools
• Strong sales support skills, recognizing client needs for current and follow-on opportunities, gains client respect, and possesses good relationship building skills.
• Ability to spot opportunities and present technical reasoning for upgrade/replacement/addition equipment, i.e. improve performance, increase redundancy, reduce downtime.
• Strong communications capabilities, including leveraging other people, giving presentations and speaking comfortably with a senior client audience.
• Possess initiative and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
• Must be a good ambassador of the company
• Takes accountability for problems or failures, responsible for own actions, demonstrating strong ethics and integrity, and practices consistent follow-through.
• Previous held a managerial or team leader post.
Certification(s) in areas of expertise.
- RedHat certification(s)
- Cisco/Juniper certification(s)
- AWS/Azure certification(s)
- InfoSec certification(s)
- ITIL certification.
- PRINCE 2 Certification.
- BS / BA or equivalent work experience.
- Significant previous experience
Bachelors or Equivalent in Business or Computer Science
Masters or Equivalent