Sr. / Lead Programmer - Oracle EBS / Supply Chain
The Lead / Sr. Programmer Analyst works within accepted IT guidelines and with members of the Parts and Service Department to develop solutions to strategic initiatives and challenges. Additionally, the Lead / Sr. Programmer Analyst is responsible for conceiving and executing critical projects, influencing departmental objectives and providing strong leadership and project management expertise. All solutions are targeted at leveraging the Subaru of America investment in our EBS platform.
Ideal candidates will have a good mix of functional and technical skill sets with the ability to work through the entire system development lifecycle (SDLC). Analyze current business process and define future business processes. Create key documentation for each phase of SDLC using Oracle’s AIM methodology including business requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, and testing documents. Must have the ability to work closely with the business to define requirements and propose solutions. Work closely with the ERP team to gain and transfer knowledge. This is a multi-faceted role working as a business analyst, developer, tester, and production support analyst as well as working on multiple priorities simultaneously.
Candidate should have 5+ years of oracle E-Business Suite experience in a techno/functional role. Experience in supply chain or financial modules desired.
- Work closely with the business to develop business solutions.
- Create system related documentation for each phase of SDLC.
- Develop and test software components which are part of the Oracle E-Business Suite and other custom systems at SOA.
- Work with other IT teams, vendors and consultants to ensure project goals and milestones are achieved.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment among the team.
- Provide day to day production support and off hours support as required.
- Ensure system implementations meet high quality standards and outstanding issues are prioritized and resolved.
- Mentor and work closely with other team members in defining best practices for system development and support.
- Follow the SOA PMO process to plan and complete work activities.
- Effectively present technical concepts and issues to both technical and functional team members.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and upgrades of current systems to support the planning and implementation of these projects.
- Create functional and technical specifications and work with offshore team to complete development and QA cycle.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree, 8 to 10 years experience in a software development position. 5+ years experience working with Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Experience in a software development position including all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); including requirements definition, technical designs, coding, testing and implementation.
- Strong background with Oracle databasetechnology using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Additional background with Unix, XML, Java, Oracle Forms, OAF, ADF, Reports, and BI Publisher is desired. EDI knowledge is also a plus.
- Supply Chain Planning or Financial background is helpful.
- Optional experience with Vehicle parts distribution and Service is also a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to others.
- Demonstrates accountability for meeting milestones and delivery of a quality product.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time in a fast paced environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to continue learning new technologies or expanding knowledge of current skills.
- Knowledge of any of the following E-Business Suite modules (11i or R12): GL, AP, AR, FA, SLA, EB Tax, PO, OM, QP, INV, PO, WIP, BOM, OKS.