DescriptionExciting opportunity to influence the next generation of variable speed motor drives. The purpose of this position is to utilize knowledge and influence for Power Electronics Hardware design and development within variable speed driveelectronics as well as design existing variable speed drive products.
- Responsible for electronics hardware design including creating schematic, selecting components, creating Bill of Materials, reviewing layout and creating manufacturing package for electronics manufacturing house for wide range of Variable speed drives
- Assist in developing product specifications, architecture, schedules, design documents, DFMEA, safety agency certification and product release
- Assist in developing & documenting Test Procedures and standards for engineering as needed
- Assist in performance and qualification testing, development and review of production line test specifications
- Obtain, review and interpret agency standards to ensure product compliance and coordinate hardware and documentation to certification labs to obtain product and agency safety approval
- Bachelor Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field in Electronic Design plus five (5) years of technical experience with emphasis on electronics hardware design and development
- Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge of electronics hardware design including micro-controllers, power supplies, filters, digital and analog circuits on several platforms
- Some Experience in PCB board layout design techniques & electronics assembly manufacturing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with global team
- Seven (7) years of electronics design experience.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field in Electronic design
- Experienced in working with safety agencies such as UL/VDE is a plus
- Experienced in EMI/EMC mitigation techniques
- Experience working with schematic capture, PCB layout and simulation tools
- Strong technical problem solving skills