Essential Job Functions
1. May act as a team leader overseeing credit and underwriting activities of other officers to ensure that current and potential customers are properly analyzed to minimize credit losses. Oversees the work of others, including preparation of CRRs/CRMs by training less-experienced credit staff, allocating, and monitoring work.
2. Supports unit's growth and profitability through underwriting credit requests and proactively monitoring credit portfolio.
3. Together with Relationship Manager, takes primary responsibility for managing credit needs of a portfolio of 15 or more commercial banking relationships providing consultative underwriting advice, credit analysis and on-gong monitoring of credit products and services to meet customer's needs and minimize credit losses to the Bank.
4. Develops innovative credit solutions to meet customer/prospect credit needs.
5. Works closely with other CBG Departments (e.g. Cash Management, Capital Markets, Equipment Leasing, Trade Finance), and other major areas of the Bank to manage the risk of complex financial products and services.
6. Ensures development and preparation of effective proposals for presentation to existing and potential customers.
7. Participates, oversees, and assists in the preparation of CRRs, recommending credit facilities by signing final document. Ensures credit facilities and transactions are properly structured, priced, and documented.
8. Ensures quality control and risk management of relationships managed. Identifies, classifies, and monitors problems or potential problem loans in compliance with the internal credit review policy. Directly, or through credit officers or analysts, tracks and monitors receipt of financialreporting and covenant compliance certificates. Attempts to collect on accounts that are delinquent including negotiating payment schedules, obtaining proper pre-approval if required.
9. Interacts with Credit Administration, Appraisals, Legal, and other related Bank personnel regarding issues of credit quality, appropriate compensation for risk, as well as new business and related trends.
10. Views credit quality as a personal obligation; exhibits independent judgment; ensures balanced loan presentations; responsible for on-going account monitoring; proactive in problem detection/resolution; maintains balance between growth and credit quality.
11. May act as a specialist for the Bank in specific industry. Keeps current on all economic and other issues impacting industry.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance - Required
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Finance - Preferred
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management.
· Requires 10years minimum prior relevant experience.
· General Administrative/Technical Skills
· Excellent knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
· Excellent knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow.
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
· Excellent working knowledge of other software used for analysis such as MFA and Tax Analysis.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision.
· Good organizational skills.
· National Banking Division
· Generally targets companies with sales of $25 million or higher.
· Agribusiness Banking Division
· Real Estate Industries Division
· Equipment Finance Division
· Asset Based Lending Division
· This is the ABL Product Manager entry level role and provides individuals the opportunity to grow the skill set required for a career in ABL.
· This ABL Credit Analyst position is assumed to be part of the career path for future Product Manager or Underwriting position. Some knowledge of collateral exam and liquidation process.
· Strong knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, tax returns and collateral from an ABL perspective.
· Strong working knowledge of other software used for analysis such as MFA.