Req Id 61901
The Lead Auditor role is an experienced position intended to utilize audit principles, skills, and techniques to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application in accordance with professional and departmental standards. This position is expected to lead audits of high complexity with minimal to zero direction of the audit manager. The position is responsible for performing and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance activities and demonstrating the ability to function on an increasingly independent basis. The Lead Auditor is also expected to identify, initiate and implement process improvements, be self-motivated, work with a sense of urgency, support multiple priorities, and meet deadlines. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as the Lead interactswith first-line operating and supervisory personnel and with higher-level management.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Lead audits of high complexity in accordance with accepted professional standards. This includes; initial audit planning, setting objectives, coordination with auditee, work paper reviews, evaluation and reporting for audits.
• Optimize audit team resources to ensure successful completion of audits.
• Draft final audit report for review by the audit manager and auditee.
• Lead initiatives for continuous improvement in the effectiveness of the audit process.
• Assess risks and controls and design evaluation of business activity with little or no guidance.
• Work effectively with internal and external auditees and stakeholders at all levels to identify and implement (where appropriate) opportunities to add value.
• Coordinate and effectively communicate with various departments throughout the company and at all levels of the organization regarding audit findings.
• Demonstrate the ability to move a team to consensus on more difficult issues & ensures active team participation.
• Demonstrate an ability to resolve conflicts within audit team and with senior management
• Demonstrate knowledge in critical subject matter area and/or knowledge of key business processes.
• Interact effectively with associates, mid-level management, upper-level management and other personnel within the organization at all times. Continually demonstrate poise, self-confidence, tact, and maturity in contact with other personnel in the corporation.
• Serve as the role model and mentor less experienced personnel on professional and personal standards of performance. Mentor less experienced staff on financial and business processes and business drivers. Work with less experienced staff in helping them analyze and solve problems utilizing a risk based approach.
• Identifies trends and issues across various functions and identifies appropriate parties for resolution.
• Identifies best practices from other functions internal/external to the company to reduce costs and increase efficiency and/or effectiveness.
• Assess impact and value added associated with new approaches, methods, alternatives or solutions.
• Give and receive feedback to peers and subordinates appropriately.
• Recognizes and understand audit concerns of the auditees and works together to a mutual resolution while maintaining independence.
• Explain complex concepts clearly using terms appropriate for the audience.
• Handle a diversified customer base that includes many different audit areas and processes within the company.
• Understands and explains Audit Management's rationale to staff and auditee's.
• Bachelordegree is required, with a major in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related business degreewith a miniumum of 6-8years working experiencewithin a Finance and/or audit function.
• Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP, CISM or other is a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially MS Access and Excel to research and analyze data. Prior experiencewithSAP is highly desirable.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with all levels within the organization.