Job Description Summary
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining of profitable business banking relationships within the assigned region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services and retaining and expanding existing relationships. Generates, maintains and grows relationships by presenting new deposit opportunities and cross selling business and personal banking products to new and existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex business banking or community market commercial relationships. May act in a lead capacity over less experienced Relationship Managers by providing guidance and supporting work flow. This position is the most experienced level of Relationship Manager job family and is typically responsible for the largest and most complex business banking and community market commercial relationships as applicable to the line of business.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is to generate new deposits and to sell the Bank's products and services. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understand current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Deposit Products, Cash Management, Trade Services, Capital Markets products, loan products and personal banking products and services.
- Works with bank partners and individually develops prospects for new business through the sale of Cash Management solutions designed to meet complex client needs within assigned geography or business segment. Keeps informed of current activities in the Cash Management field including new products and other general information of customers.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the business deposit and cash management products. Manages existing portfolio and stays informed of developing trends in the market and regulatory requirements.
- P5 - 10 yrs Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have deep knowledge of project management.
Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.